"You're only as old as you Feel"

Happy Tuesday Bleeps,

"You're only as old as you feel"...I swear if I had a nickel for every time I have heard this lately I would be able get a new ipod nano.

I get it. I do. And yes, I feel great physically, but if it's "You're as old as you feel mentally" well I'm screwed.  I started getting the "old" and "40" cards...and while I know the intentions are good, I am not handling them well. I can live with the getting older part. It's a part of life. I just don't like the number. And I don't see that happening any time soon.

The other week I was at a happy hour with people from work. We played the 'guess how old I am" game with a guy.  First of all, he guessed 35. FOUL!  That is not how you try to flatter a person.  We found out he was 49. And someone asked him how old are the ladies he usually dates. His answer "Early 30's. Anyone older than that doesn't want to do anything."  Great, even guys 10 years older than me don't want to date my age...where am I supposed to go? 60?  Uh huh...Good thing I can still turn the boys heads at the gym. If I can't go older, then I shall continue to go younger!  :-)  But, the reality is that what he said is true. Although not really, I guess it just depends on what you mean. It is correct that I don't want to go hang out at a bar all night. But, I am also the first to jump up and say let's go for a walk or run or hike. Let's go outside and enjoy it. I just like to do it a little earlier.

So back to the "You're only as old as you feel" issue.  Everyone who tells me this didn't think they were starting menopause last month. That freaked me out.  I am not ready for that. In general, they are also pretty established in their careers. Me? Well I'm just getting ready to make a switch. It's exciting and terrifying at the same time. They are in long term relationships. Me? I'm still waiting for Tony Stewart to call me.  CALL ME!

When I was a young girl and I thought about what life would be like at 40 well, this wasn't even close.  The good news, though, is that if you showed the Former Fat girl a decade ago a picture of herself at 40 she would do a back flip. Well more like a belly flop.

Every morning I have a daily reading. This morning I read something that I've known for a long time. It just felt like a good reminder: None of us are where we need to be, but, thank God, we are not where we used to be. Don't look at what you are going through right now; look at the person you are becoming.

Good stuff. And so true. I like who I am becoming. I like saying goodbye to the Former Fat Girl. I like helping others say goodbye to their former Fat Girls.  No, I am not where I expected I would be at this age. I would like nothing better than to be back in North Carolina right now, but if I was would I still be on this journey to become a trainer?  I can't say for sure that the answer is no, but I'm think the odds would be good that I would not.  If I had moved back sooner I would not have been in the Fitness competition last year and really start to talk to people about becoming a trainer.  So yeah, it sucks that I'm not back there yet, but I'm on so many journeys right now. One of them is bound to lead me back sooner or later.

I have come so far, but I still have so many places I want to go and things that I want to do. Most importantly I want to lose this damn belly. I am going all in balls out to get rid of it. I have upped the cardio intensity. I have upped the ab workouts. I have upped the weights. I'm telling you right now, I am KICKING 40's ASS!

On a positive note, Johnny Depp is turning 50 and well that helps. Cause he's just plain Yummy....but not as yummy as Tony Stewart...who will call me this year...I just know it!

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Fundraising for Breast Cancer:

https://dbcc.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalk2013/2013DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalkSignupFundrai/tabid/434138/Default.aspx?joinme=24622

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts