Last Random Wednesday in my 30's...

Happy Random Wednesday,

Right now a cookie dough birthday cake is being made for me. I am getting reports that it's not going as well as expected. Honestly, how can it go wrong?  It's cookie dough therefore it will be AMAZING!

*****

The iPod Nano is cracking even more. I'm hoping it can hold off until next month. And then I will go look for a new one. I can only afford one big treat every couple of months. And so that will be the next treat. I am going to hold off on the Tiffany's ring and let that be what I treat myself to after I pass my certification. For my Parks and Recreation fans, it's a Treat Yo Self moment.

*****

Turn off: Just as Gym Crush Young Stud was moving up...I noticed that he doesn't wipe down the machines at the gym after he is on them. Ewww.

*****

Tonight was a good fast run for me. So good that I was a sweat machine. So sweaty that I could smell myself and was making myself sick. Ewwww.

*****

Work has been supercalifragilisticexpialidociously busy lately. I have only averaged half of the water that I usually have. I have been very good about making up for it at the gym and afterwards, but I'm annoyed.

*****

There is something going on at work. There is going to be a drawing in October for a $500 gift card. To get your name in the drawing you need to do 2 of any number of things in the Wellness program. Ms. Carol said she was making her list of everyone who is eligible already and she said my name was blowing up everywhere. lol. Basically I have done EVERYTHING so far. If only you could enter more than one time. So far I have: attended the Wellness seminars (2 are needed), attended Boot Camp (2 are needed), get Biometric screening (done), Enter 2 events (On my 8 billionth 5k of 2013), attend the Fitness/Nutrition seminar (done)...I'm that good!

*****

Update: I am now hearing that the Cookie Dough birthday cake is looking pretty cool...YEAH!

*****

Having a real hard time reading my book right now. I cannot handle the young girl with the eating disorder.  It's causing me stress to read about that.

*****

So I did it. I ate a slice of pizza at the gym Monday. I have decided that as long as I put in a long run on Pizza night I am allowed one small slice to hold me over until I get home. I am too hungry after the long drive that it's killing me.  Since it's a quick carb load and if I keep it to the smallest piece available then I am ok.

*****

Tomorrow is my birthday. We are going out for Mexican after work...I CANNOT WAIT!  I will miss boot camp, but I will go walking at lunch.

*****

At the Nutrition/Fitness seminar yesterday there were a few questions that came up that I want to share.

1. I really really really REALLY hate vegetables. What would you recommend to help with that?
  *I emailed to try veggie soup as an alternative. And upon probing the way in which she is preparing them is a little bland right now. I suggested grilling them with olive oil and italian seasoning. She liked those ideas.

2. Time is a problem. What is your take on Lean cuisine?
*first this is a sweet friend who told me she had read some posts and was laughing because when I was talking about eating a lean cuisine she thought I was being good, and then she read that I was mad at myself for it.
*They are okay, but the sodium is really bad and you don't really get your veggies. So if it's all about time then my suggestion was to make something in the crockpot and then freeze a bunch for lunch.

*****

Did I mention that I got a hot pink tutu for the next 5k?

*****

Tonight was my personal best for 3 miles. I repeat: I am Kicking 40's ASS!  And speaking of...I put it out there on FB that people are allowed to wish me a Happy Birthday, however if they use the F word (40) they must donate to my Run for Autism.

My fundraising is in full swing. My dear pal Amy made a donation and then had her company match it. I LOVE that. THANK YOU AMY!

*****

And for the record, this week FLEW by. What the heck!

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Fundraising for Breast Cancer:

https://dbcc.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalk2013/2013DEfeetBreastCancerRunWalkSignupFundrai/tabid/434138/Default.aspx?joinme=24622

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts