Birthday Weekend - Part 1

Happy Monday Bleeps,

Well Birthday weekend was jammed packed and there was so much happening that I will probably need to break it into a couple parts.

Part 1 - Friday and Saturday



Knowing that I would be driving down to the beach Friday night, Ms. Tracey and I planned on a walk at lunch. It was hot and it was muggy. But, we did it. We are working on our grass time. Very proud of us. YEAH!

I left work a little early, but I sat in traffic on my way home. It's okay though because Ms. Tina was leaving a little after me. She was meeting me at home so I had a little time to finish packing.  The only problem was that we were moving past dinner time. Before we were getting on the road we made a quick pit stop at Grandmom's to say hi. My cousin was staying with her and I hadn't seen her in a while. It was just a quick visit so then we stopped at Starbucks for a green tea and one of their new sandwiches. I had the turkey and harvarti. And it was yummy. I also tried one of the new chocolate cake pops. Gotta say...didn't love it.

I was on the fence about what to do Saturday morning. I really wanted to sleep in, but I really wanted to get to the fitness center. The bed won out. The first guest would be arriving around 10 so I let myself sleep in for a little bit.

Ms. Jen arrived a little after 10. We were waiting for the next person due to arrive shortly when she called and said she got on the road late. And so we decided to head over to the outlets for some shopping while we waited. Our first stop was Reebok. I wanted to check for any sales on sneakers. I didn't see any super great deal, but I did see some cute Breast Cancer Awareness shirts....hmm...I had asked the gals to bring white t-shirts and bought fabric markers and paint to decorate them...but this could work too!  And they were on sale. I wanted to think about it though. Before we left I also saw some knee socks on sale. Some hot pink ones...ooh...I have been wanting some, but they had to have the right padding in the foot. So I decided if I came back for the shirt I would get the socks too.

Next we moved over to Aeropostale. I saw a pretty little maxi dress through the window and I was drawn in. It didn't look right on me, but I kept looking around. I found a pretty light knit sweater perfect or a cool summer night. I thought I could wear it that night when we went out. I also found a pretty long lime green cotton skirt. I didn't love the sweater, but I was wearing sweatpants at the time. I decided to get it. I would try it on when we got home with some jeans. If I didn't like it I would return it the next day.  *wore it today and I LOVE it.

I wasn't feeling great about trying on clothes. I was feeling bloated...I had not been drinking my water. It's hard to keep that up when I'm out and about all day long. That's something I still need to work on.

After I made my purchase I found a cute cute CUTE short navy blue skirt with white polka dots. I fell in love. I tried it on and was worried. It had a little flare to it. Would it make my bottom half look thick and heavy?  I thought it did, but Ms. Jen and Ms. Danielle said it looked really cute. They said it was shorter than they expected so I did the "bend and snap" move to see if you could see the goods when I bent over. It was all clear. So I got it.

Next we were passing The Loft. I figured I could easily say no, but they had some cute jersey dresses on the sales rack outside. I found a beautiful yellow dress that I fell in love with. PLEASE look good on me!  While I was in line for the changing room I found a purple jersey dress on a rack to put back out. I had looked at outside, but they didn't have my size. I was hoping only one would look good. They both did. BAH!  I couldn't decide...so I got both.

The original plan for the day was to go to my favorite Jamaican bar on the beach for lunch...we were now past lunch time and still waiting for Heather. So we decided to head to the food court for a quick bite to eat. Ms. Tina is from China and she has never had Grotto pizza...well that was about to change!  She got a special stuffed slice. I kept it to one slice. It was hard, but it had to be done.

We popped over to Coach to take a look. I didn't see anything that I liked...disappointing really. Heather arrived and she wanted to hit another store. By now it's after 3 and my back an hip are starting to hurt. I am not good with walking around all day with bags. It was also starting to rain and getting colder. So the plan changed. We would skip the Jamaican bar (boooo...but it had to be done). Instead, we would hang out a little longer then go home for dinner. After dinner we would go to my favorite Tequila bar for some margaritas.

In the meantime, we decided to hang out long enough to hit up the pre-registration at 5pm and pick up our packets for Sunday's 5K. Woo woo! OH yeah, I did go back for the Reebok shirts and socks. How could I forget?

By the time we got home we were starving. Dad had made his now famous Taco Circle and was getting ready to put the burgers on. YEAH!  Dinner was wonderful and the girls were enjoying their wine while I had some skinny margaritas. I think you can guess that we decided to stay in. It was now pouring, alcohol was being consumed, and we needed to get up early.



Ms. Tina taught us a card game...FUN. And then there was cake...YEAH FOR CAKE.  My birthday cake had a Tony Stewart car on it...and by the way, today is his birthday. Happy Birthday Tony Stewart!  Call me!  Chocolate cake with vanilla frosting...oh heck yeah.








Before I forget, Ms. Cheryl also came over to celebrate. Hi Ms. Cheryl!  Thank you for my present!!!!

So it wasn't the day that we had expected, but I love my girlfriends and we had a lot of fun.  I was so happy they came down to share my weekend with me. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do it with friends and family.  But, we'll have a do over and go out dancing next time when the weather is a little nicer. 




Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts