BBQ, Belly, and Power Outage

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

It's getting hot. It's getting hot and humid. It's gross. The humidity (or rain!) does NOT help this hairstyle...argh. Just when it's starting to get long enough for me to do something with it and not hate it sooooo much, the humidity makes me feel like I have a dead rate on my head.  The good news is that I can now put it in teeny tiny pigtails...awwww...I'm so cute.

Clothing in the heat is always fun. I have a bunch of shorts that I sort of forget about. They didn't fit me before. Now they do, but i'm so comfortable in my little cotton skirts that I don't even want to wear them. I have to almost remind myself that I have them.

When I think about it I wonder if it's because I never really loved wearing shorts. Pants are so much easier to hide your waist. My belly is getting smaller...but it's still there. And I know I'm doing it right. The slower I go, the likelier chance that it will stay off.

Of course right now it feels ginormous. We had the Summer Kick Off Party after work tonight. It was BBQ. And you know how I feel about BBQ. My plate was huge. I got a chicken leg, a rib, a small piece of chicken,

-That's as far as I got last night before we got hit with a big storm and our power kept going out.

I also had a little mac'n'cheese and a salad. I'm guessing you might be able to figure how I was feeling last night...I hit the tums mighty hard.  I also felt like my belly was very swollen which would explain a lot. Luckily when I woke up this morning it was back down to normal.

So this eating experience reminded me of last summer's NYC trip. For those of you new to the blog, I went to NYC in July to see Jim Parsons (Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory) on Broadway. It was a wonderful show and afterwards we stopped for dinner at my favorite place to eat in NYC, Ellen's Stardust Diner. I had a reuben and it sat in my chest for two days. It would not digest. I felt so sick and horrible for two days. I wanted it to come out and I did not care which way it came out. Eventually it digested, but the thought of another reuben makes me queazy.

We leave for NYC Sunday morning and we will definitely be going out for dinner before the show...I hope I can handle my food this time. And this time I will come prepared with the tums...and a bottle of ginger ale.

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13



*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts