Something is wrong when eating at Taco Bell is more acceptable than choosing to eat Healthy

Hello Beautiful People,

I have recently seen a few things that horrify me. HORRIFY me.

On my road trip last week I saw numerous billboards for "Tacos in a bag". If you stop at this gas station with a convenient mart then you can get a taco like meal in a dorito bag. Oh yeah, that sounds good. And great, you can get it at a gas station. NEVER BUY MEALS AT A GAS STATION.

I have stopped for gas and gone in for a bottle of water. If I was hungry I bought a small bag of peanuts.

Then I have seen two different commercials for Taco Bell. One is for their new Quesarito: a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla. Um...why is this necessary?  At some point the flavors just mix together. The grease and the cheese just blend together.

They have also been pushing their breakfast menu. There is an egg wrapped in a sausage wrapped in a waffle sandwich. There is an egg and cheese on top of sausage on top of a hash brown wrapped in a quesadilla wrap. Why?  WHY?

I will admit that the Former Fat Girl would have wanted to try all of these. But, she didn't appreciate food. Just just abused herself with it. She just inhaled it. She never really tasted it.

Food is meant to fuel us. It should be enjoyed. It should be savored. It shouldn't be smothered in grease, fat, salt, sugar etc. We have become desensitized.

Healthy eating has a stigma attached to it. If someone says they are a Vegan the odds are that someone will roll their eyes. It's hard to comprehend for most people. Vegans abstain from all animal based products. That includes eggs and dairy. It's not crazy. It's smart.

Lots of people I know have decided to eat Paleo.  The theory is that if people in the Paleo era couldn't eat it, then it shouldn't be consumed. Basically, the body wasn't designed to digest a lot of what we consume today. I am completely on board with this...I just can't beat my addiction to Dairy no matter how hard I try.

Sometimes I look at food or drinks and think "how did someone decide to make it and think that it's okay or safe to eat?"  Pork rinds. Who made the first pork rind? And how? How did deep frying even come about?  Anything blue to drink. Why do you want to drink something that is neon blue???

So why is it then when someone takes it seriously what they choose to put into their body they are questioned or considered strange?  That seems so backwards.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts