My Weekend: Sangria, Spontaneous Run, and Baptism

Hello Beautiful People,

I had a pretty good weekend. It was beautiful.   I hope you got to enjoy the wonderful weather.

Friday night I met up with Mom and some other teachers for a Happy Hour. I love all of the people she works with. They are so sweet and so supportive of me. I am more than happy to hang with them for the evening. And more importantly, I enjoyed a very nice adult beverage. Summer can only mean one thing....SANGRIA! Just one...and I did eat my fruit.



So Saturday morning when I got up I knew that my plan was to get a run in. As I was laying in bed I made the decision that I would head over to my Aunt's and then come back. Not in my car.

My Aunt lives just over 3 miles from my mom. Every time we drive over there I see people on the running trail and think that I should do that. I love that about this area. There are trails all over the place. I can hardly go anywhere without seeing people out running.  Why the heck don't I do it.

And so I made the decision to do it and that meant I needed to get started before it got too late...and hot. The plan would be to get over to my Aunt's and see my Grandmom for a few minutes and then head back. I could also refill my water bottle and use the ladies room. I never questioned that I would get there. I was a little worried that Grandmom would worry about me heading back to mom's.

It's kind of amazing to me that I can just decide "Hey, I think I'm going to go run about 7 miles right now. I'll be back."  And I LIKE IT!

When I was getting ready I found a bag that I had gotten last year. It goes across your back over one shoulder. Since I didn't have stops between houses I opted to take it. I would need keys, ID, fuel, and I was carrying something for Grandmom.

Since I hadn't done this before I never really paid attention to where the sidewalks and running trails were. I would cross the street and realize there was no sidewalk. Or I would cross and see that there was no crosswalk up ahead.

At one point I had crossed a street and realized there was no sidewalk. I figured it was okay and I would just walk the block and cross the street at the intersection. Um...I didn't realize they were mowing the lawn so I was kicking up freshly mowed grass...great.  And then I got to the intersection and there was no crosswalk on that side for me. So I had to cross back. This intersection is a biggy. Once I got through it I would be fine, but I now needed to go diagonal and I could be waiting forever each way. And let me tell you, this is NOT the intersection you want to play around with. So after about 6 minutes I made it across.

The irony is that I could have worn the bag easily if I hadn't lost the weight. I couldn't tighten it enough to stay put while I ran. It was fine when I slowed to a walk though.  I did a little of both. I walked on the up hills and the concrete and ran the rest.

The best bonus of the day was that there was honeysuckle practically the whole way.

When I got to my Aunt's I was pleasantly surprised. Grandmom wasn't phased at all that I didn't drive. I stayed for about 10 minutes and then headed back out.  I took a little different way on the way back. I wanted up even out the mileage to about 7 miles.

Lots of pretty flowers along the way.





It was a good run/walk....so good that I showered and then went to the pool for a couple of hours...ahhh




Sunday came and it was Baptism Day. It's something I really wanted to do for a while, but I wasn't sure if I was going to be around for it.  It was a little weird, but I wore my bathing suit to church. I wore a skirt and a sweater over for service. They gave us t-shirts to wear in the Baptismal pool, but I still felt a little naked coming out in my bathing suit bottom. I will be starting my second blog this week and that will be a little more detailed. But, I have to say that when I saw the photos I couldn't believe how flat I looked when I was being dunked :-)


I hope you had a great weekend. Now I have to close up because I have a running date with my cousin at the lake. WOO WOO.

Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts