Random Wednesday: Juicers, scales, and Playlists

Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

A few posts ago I was talking about Hoarders. I can totally relate to the emotional attachment to things. So this week I have had a pile for donations in the living room. They were bagged and boxed for a few days. I wanted to wait until I was completely done before I took them in case I found more. Well yesterday was the lucky day. And I totally had a panic moment. There was a shirt that I couldn't remember if I put in the bags or not. I know I thought about it, but did I do it? I would need to look in them before I took them away. But, no. If I decided to let it go I had talked myself into that.

I checked the bag. And was mad at myself for doing it. I hadn't put the shirt in the bag anyway.

*****

When Cousin Randy and I were at Panera the other night I noticed something new on the menu. They have flatbread sandwiches. I am a little excited. I'll have to go check them out. I saw a Mediterranean chicken that peaked my interest.

*****

So the other day I was flipping through the guide channel and I saw the description of a show that intrigued me. A comedienne that I like has a show with her family. On this particular episode she wanted her family to eat more healthy. And so I watched.

She and her mom were at a Farmers Market buying bags of wonderful veggies for a mere $10. They were so excited. Then the conversation turned to Juicers. So cut to dinner time and she is making the family vegetable juice for dinner.

I spot a problem.

The teenagers were not really excited. They were really mad actually. After she tasted the juice she threw up and then took them out to dinner.

Why would you do that? All of those beautiful veggies could have been presented in a much better way. Throwing them all in a juice for a meal is not going to end well. And now that's the association with "healthy eating".

*****

Once again I am in the struggle with my hair. To cut or not. I love it short, but the maintenance of the short cut is driving me crazy. I used to go years between big cuts. Now I need one just about every month.

I did have a crazy moment thinking that I might grow out my bangs...that moment has passed though.

*****

So I'm very excited. I got a new scale. Sadly, my really great scale broke. At some point during the previous move the calibration got messed up and it just would not fix. I held off getting a new one for so long hoping that I could fix it. I could not and so I finally got a new one this week. YEAH!

Um...did I just say YEAH in terms of getting a new scale? WHO AM I????

*****

The Push ups are coming along VERY nicely....just saying.

PS. My arms look VERY nice.

*****
I had a bonus this week. I got a call from Ms. Tracey. I miss her. I haven't talked to her since the end of March. I did get to see pictures of her baby boy, but we haven't really gotten a chance to talk. It was nice. We caught up on our lives and talked about a post-baby workout.

And then later that night I got another call from another friend who had just joined a gym and wanted a program.

It's been a good week.

*****

So my Fitbit total step count yesterday was just over 2 miles. And that was with effort on commercials. Today I got a run in and was out and about. My run was only 3 miles, but my step count is over 9,000 so far and I still have the night to get there. I will.

*****

Today at lunch I substituted the seasonal veggies for my french fries. Squash, zucchini, peppers, and tomatoes...oh my. I don't know what they were grilled in, but they were so yummy.

*****

*****

It's time to update your playlists. I've already added a couple of these to mine.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Clean Bandit & Jess Glynne - Rather Be - 122 BPM
Crazibiza, Dave Aude & Vassy - Hustlin' (Radio Version) - 124 BPM
Janelle Monae - What Is Love (Walden Radio Edit) - 127 BPM
3LAU & Bright Lights - How You Love Me - 128 BPM
Afrojack & Wrabel - Ten Feet Tall - 126 BPM
John Legend - All of Me (Tiesto's Birthday Treatment Remix Radio Edit) - 128 BPM
Avicii - Addicted to You (Albin Myers Remix) - 128 BPM
Ariana Grande & Iggy Azalea - Problem - 103 BPM
Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World - 100 BPM
Pitbull & G.R.L. - Wild, Wild Love - 120 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.


Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973 

Comments

Popular Posts