Getting Started 101

Happy Friday Beautiful People,

So you want to make positive changes and lead a more active lifestyle, but you don't know where to start?  It can seem overwhelming.

My first two suggestions would be to:

a) Get your water in!

b) Start with your walking.

Water is your friend. It's the most basic advice that I can give you. I know I've said it before, but I'm so horrified at how much water I used to NOT drink. It's sort of amazing that I am still alive. Your body needs it to function.  It really does.

You know how when a plant hasn't been watered in a long time it starts to wither?  Well what happens when you water it? It comes back to life. That is you!  That is how your body will respond. It's so important for so many reasons.  It expels the toxins from your system. It cools your body temperature. It amazes me that so many people don't know that. I don't get affected by the heat as much as most people do because my body temperature is lower from all of the water I drink. 

We all know how active I am. I can tell you the days that I don't get my water in. My workouts SUCK. It takes me forever to get moving. My body doesn't want to do it. My brain feels sluggish. It's hard. Once I get my water in then I am good to go. That also applies to my non-workout hours in the day.

So start with your water (morning til night) and then plan on getting in a regular walking schedule. If you can carve out time for your favorite TV shows then you can carve out time for a walk. If you can carve out time for the internet then you can carve out time for a walk. I'm not telling you to run at full speed in the beginning. I am telling you to get in at least a 30 minute walk a day. I'm not talking about walking at the mall. I'm talking about a constant pace for 30 minutes. Do it on your lunch hour. Do it as a family after dinner. Do it with your dog before work. Just do it.   Everyone has 30 minutes a day. If you don't then you need some time management lessons.

Why do I recommend walking? Because it's free and easy. It's good for your heart. It's a good stress reliever. It helps to clear your mind. If you tell me you don't have the time or you're too stressed I will tell you that you are wrong. 30 minutes a day will help with both. It'll give you more energy. It'll help relieve stress. And that's what it's all about. It's about giving you a better quality of life.

So what do you need for your walking?  A good pair of sneakers. It hurts me to see people wearing the same pair of sneakers for years and years. Make sure there is tread on the bottom. If it's worn then they must go. And bring a bottle of water with you. It makes me so nervous when I see people walking or running in the heat with no water. Try to keep to a regular schedule of it. Let it become a habit. Pretty soon you will be missing it if you have to skip it.

And let me tell you a little secret. I get asked almost every day about how to lose weight in certain areas. I can give you exercises to tighten up muscles, but to lose the fat you need to do the cardio. Walking is a great start.

There are plenty of other things (eating habits) to change next, but these are my top changes to start with. Let me know how it goes :-)


Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973 

Comments

Popular Posts