Sing it with me...Good Morning Baltimore!

Good Morning Baltimore! (if you've seen Hairspray you'll get that)

Today was a Beautiful day!  Earlier in the week Cousin Kim asked if I was available today. I was. And so we met halfway in Baltimore. And yes, she brought Miss Cassidy. HOLLA!



I checked the weather before getting dressed. It's going to be a hot one. So I put on some shorts and a tank top. I did pack a cardigan in case. The outfit would look super adorable with some sandals. But, that's not an option for me. If I am going to be on my feet all day then I need to be wearing sneakers. My feet and knees need that support. I cringe when I see people walking around all day in flip flops. And that kills me. That's what the Former Fat Girl lived in. Of course she also paid for it at the end of the day...she just never put 2 and 2 together. You're never too old to learn these life lessons. haha.

We were meeting at the Port Discovery Museum. It's a fun place for kids. Since I had an hour drive I made sure to drink my water on the way. I didn't know how much I would get to drink throughout the day so I needed to make sure I got a good start. Psst...I also packed a bottle in my bag.

We met up just after 10 and stopped at a Subway to use the bathroom an get something to eat. I had a bagel thin with some peanut butter for breakfast. I was a little hungry. So I got a 3 inch egg white and cheese on flatbread with spinach and tomato. Yum.

 So if you have young kids and find yourself in Baltimore I highly recommend this place. It's so cute and full of activities for kids. Miss Cassidy had a blast. They have stuff for all ages.



The special exhibit right now is a Curious George interactive exhibit. It was so cute. We even got to meet him!


After a couple hours Miss Cassidy needed a nap and Aunt Jennie was hungry. So we walked over to the Inner Harbor. It was a nice walk on a hot day. Thank goodness for the water.

We got to the food area and found a fudge place...mmm....Fudge! There was a fudge making demonstration and you got samples at the end. We stayed for a little bit, but not long enough for the free samples.

There aren't that many options for a good lunch. Hamburgers. Tacos. Chicken tenders. I went to another subway. I got a 6 inch turkey on wheat with avocados, spinach, tomato, and cucumber. Yum.

It was really hot and I wanted ice cream. I really REALLY wanted ice cream. So after Miss Cassidy woke up we went to a souvenir store and got her a little stuffed crab before ice cream. Amazingly we found the best place. When they say one scoop they mean it. It was perfect. Just enough to make me happy, but not enough to make me feel guilty....it was coconut. I could have EASILY gotten a large.  I also picked up another water.

It was getting late so we walked back towards the museum again. The cool thing is that we could go back in with our bracelets. We spent a little more time and got to use the bathrooms...I was peeing all day as you can imagine.

So I wore the Fitbit today and logged my steps. We walked a lot today...but I didn't hit my 10,000 steps. I only hit 4,000 steps in Baltimore. There was a lot of time on my feet and a lot of walking, but not enough. Days without  scheduled walks/runs rarely are. I won't let it get to me though. I still got in more steps outside of Baltimore. It was still a great day.



Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts