Planning ahead and backup plans

Happy Monday Bleeps!

Last night I went to bed with a heating pad on my neck. That's generally how I begin with sinus issues. I had some light headaches last week, but this has been bothering me since last night now. This definitely throws a wrench in my workout plan for the week.

Tonight was to be weights, but I don't like to do anything that would put a strain on my neck when it's sore. Tomorrow is distance night so I didn't want to do a run tonight or legs. Since I got my pedicure I didn't want to go heavy on the running right away. I need to toughen up my feet a little.  And that makes tomorrow's distance a walk, not a run. So that makes Friday night my run night. Are you following me?  haha.  I got to the gym tonight with the intention of it being a walking night. But, there was a disabled vehicle in the construction zone and I got to the gym late again...so I ran 3 miles. My neck was feeling better, but not great, and my feet weren't bothering me. So it was all good. I will now lift weights on Wednesday.

My other issue for tonight is that I looked a little odd. I just got through bragging about how I generally pack my gym bag with multiple outfits for the week and then this. I didn't pack it fully this weekend because I was waiting until I finished my laundry load of whites. Um... I never did my whites. I washed my darks, but not my lights. So I was in my car on the way to work when I realized that I didn't even know if I had packed pants. Oops. I checked when I got to work and I did have pants, but they didn't quite go with the shirts...and I didn't have socks. I always have emergency socks in the car and the pair I keep at work for walking at lunch. So I was okay. I  just looked a little on the sad side. Oh and I didn't pack a water bottle...argh. so I used the one I bring my crystal light in.

It would have been easy for me to have gone home after work. My heck hurt. It's a valid reason. Plus, I have things to do. But, as soon as I would be sitting in that traffic going no where I would be pissed. A light workout is better than no workout. I had originally planned on a massage too, but thanks to the traffic I was running late. Grandmom had called earlier and told me that she had some frozen chicken cacciatore for me if I wanted to stop by and pick it up. Yes please. Thank you Grandmom!

So what are all of these things that I have to do?  Well the move is coming up. Don't get excited, I haven't withheld anything from you. I don't have concrete plans yet, but I need to push myself to get it started. It's now or never. Every day that I am sitting behind a desk and not being a full time trainer is slowly killing me.

Since I am busy every weekend between now and 2014 I have to do my packing when I can. I'm not packing everything up right now, but I am going through everything. And I am playing games with myself: Keep it, Donate it, or Toss it? I am hoping to downsize a lot even though I don't have that much in general. Yesterday I tossed 4 target bags of trash. That felt good.

If I go through one drawer or shelf a day I will make progress and lessen the stress. I really want to go through my clothes. I won't need all of them when I move. I don't have a lot of business clothes left since we are business causual, but I certainly won't need them all.  I really need to put them on to make the decision. I tend to hold on to things that don't fit. I need to learn to walk away from things.

This weekend I went through my underwear and my jewelry. I threw out the old undies and bras. I threw out the jewelry that is in bad shape more messed up or just don't wear and really aren't nice enough to give away. That felt good. Tonight when I am done this post it is time for shoes. It's time to tackle them. I don't need them all. I don't even wear 75% of them anymore.  I gotta let go.

I cannot wait to move. I miss my girlfriends something awful. Don't get me wrong, I love my girlfriends where I am now. I just really miss my Charlotte Gals. So  I am trying to come up with things that will get us together. I found a place for pottery classes. I am going to do it. I sent it to a few gals in hopes they will join me.

*This goes out to any other Charlotte Gal Pals who would be interested in going to Pottery - hit me up and I'll send you the info :-) Or if you have regular gatherings that could use another person let me know :-)*

Update:
We are now on Day three of No Sweets. I'm actually doing well. Although technically last night I had a fun flavored protein bar because my day consisted of 3 bowls of soup. I'm not counting that though. I didn't sneak any chocolate or stop anywhere for chocolate. I broke the news to Mr. Wil that I would not be able to visit him at his desk anymore because of his treats. He has graciously volunteered to eat my pieces for me. Thanks Mr. Wil!  I also pulled out my Rootbeer float sugar-free gum for Halloween night. When I said exceptions were special occasions and holidays I was not including Halloween. I'm talking this weekend's wedding, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Okay, time to tackle my shoes. Wish me luck. Ideally I lose 10 pairs...but, I'll be happy if I get rid of 5.

Have a Blessed Night

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts