My Dearest BBQ, I Love you!

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,


My love for BBQ runs deep...I have practically written love letters to it. Give me a BBQ pulled pork sandwich and I am yours forever. FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I could inspire a Saturday Night Live skit. The Girl that Loves her Sandwich. The woman and the sandwich sitting on the couch watching a movie together. The woman and the sandwich going for a walk in the park. The woman and the sandwich playing Just Dance together.

I love going to see my family when I go to Virginia, but I superly love going for BBQ. It helps that my grandmom is now living a mile from my favorite place to eat: Red Hot & Blues, or as I like to call it Yum Yummy & Yummier! 





I could seriously eat it every day. But, I shant.  The Former Fat Girl could do it. She could eat it for lunch and dinner. She could eat it and then go back for seconds.

One of the things that I missed the most when I left North Carolina was leaving behind the BBQ.

A few years ago a BBQ place opened up in the mall food court. I thought I was in heaven. I only went a half dozen times while it was open. I would get the pulled pork platter with green beans and mac'n'cheese. It was delightful. And then the unthinkable happened. There was a huge rain storm and the food court flooded. It was closed for about 3 months. Sadly, Memphis BBQ never came back. Only the chain restaurants were back. I cried.

I like the sweet sauce. When I go to Red Hot & Blues I get the pulled pork combo. That is the pulled pork on a roll with a pickle and Grandma's potato salad...quite possibly the best potato salad EVER.  At the table I choose the sweet sauce. And generally I treat myself to a Sweet Tea...mmmm...BBQ AND Sweet tea...does it get any better?  This weekend I didn't have the Sweet tea. Usually I go for lunch. For dinner I don't really want to have that much sugar. Especially since I had half a slice of cake the night before.



What I like about RH&B is that portions wise it's all good. The Former Fat Girl would have very easily gone back for more. The new me sits and waits for the belly to fill. Yes, I secretly wish the portion of the potato salad was bigger...okay, not so secretly, but I let it go. I eat my pickle and walk away. My saddest moment is when I take the last bite of my sandwich. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I heart my mom. She doesn't love it as much as I do and more often than not she ends up taking most of her sandwich home...and then I get to eat it the next day. They gave me sauce to go and I got to have it for dinner the next night too. YEAH!

So now that moving back to North Carolina is back in the picture and within reach I am getting excited and worried. Will I be able to handle it? I really began this journey when I was living in North Carolina...except that I was only partially invested. I really how no idea how to eat. I began working out faithfully, but my eating still had lots of problems. I ate out a lot. When I wasn't eating out I was eating prepackaged frozen meals.

I am much better equipped this time around. I have much knowledge!  I am positive it will be different this time around. I will succeed! I will just reserve my BBQ for cheat meals. I will need to limit those meals to once a week....or I can make them post race meals. Now that sounds like the New Girl is going to Rock and show the Former Fat Girl who is boss. 

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts