My Life is a Snickers Commercial

Happy Monday Bleeps,

You know those Snickers commercials where someone is not themselves and they are acting like a character actor?  The theory is that their blood sugar is dropping or they are hungry. They need something to eat. If they have a snickers bar they will turn back to themselves.

Just call me Joe Pesci.

This is how I get now. Just like a baby, I am on an eating schedule. I eat my meals at the same time every day. It's good for me for so many reasons. For me, habit is good. It helps me to plan ahead.   Plus, meals are important. All three. If I didn't stick to my schedule I would be a mess.

I used to not eat breakfast. And I was proud of that. Calories saved!  WRONG. I can't stress enough that food is fuel. If I'm not fueling myself in the morning you can just forget it. I'm no good. Life can get in the way so easily and lunch or dinner can be skipped or pushed off.

I am consuming much less calories than the Former Fat Girl did. She could afford to not stick to a schedule.  She could consume a days worth of calories in a meal.

I do my best to plan ahead and make sure that I know what's happening for my meals a day in advance. But, problems arise when I am away. Other people are not on my schedule. They don't know how I react if I need to eat. I do my best to keep snacks with me to ease it, but O.M.G. I can get cranky. It ain't pretty.  I don't mean to, but I need food!

Friday I ended up working from home. I wanted to get on the road right after work to head to Virginia. It's the difference between a 2:15 hr drive and a 4 hour drive if I leave from work. It was a good idea. Except that I didn't have food. My snacks were at the office. I didn't go shopping because I was going away for the weekend. So for lunch I went out to Starbucks for a sandwich.

I got on the road as soon as I closed up my laptop. Traffic in Baltimore. BLASTED! I got held up. For some reason I didn't have any snacks with me.  Now I normally don't eat until 7:30 so it's not that big of a deal. Time wise I was in good shape. But, I didn't have much in my belly.

Mom asked if I wanted to go to Carrabba's for dinner. Sounds good. Except that I needed food PRONTO. We got there at 8:15 and there was a 25 minute wait. And we still had to place our order.  I made sure to eat a snack before we left the house. That held me over for about 10 minutes.

I don't even want to be around me when I get cranky for food. It ain't pretty.

One of the reasons that I don't like to eat too late is that your body needs time to digest food. I don't want to eat and go right to bed. Another reason is because I do not always make the best choices when I am hungry. In fact, I'm HORRIBLE at that time.

This meal wasn't super bad. But, it wasn't super great. We had the bread to start. And I wanted the bruschetta. It was only 3 small slices each, but still. My meal was wood-grilled chicken with olive oil and herbs. That was yummy. And garlic mashed potatoes. Yum.  I split my meal and took half home for the next day.

My jeans were tight. I should have called it a night. "Are you interested in dessert?" ALWAYS!  So we split piece of cake that had fruit all over it.

Some people are used to my food-crankiness. Some aren't. It's hard to act semi normal when I am so hungry that I want to eat my fist.

So the good news, is that if you are hanging with me I am always going to know what time it is and make sure that we get our meals in.

Food fuels me for the day. And I am burning it like crazy, unlike the Former Fat Girl. Don't mess with my meals!  I am not responsible for my behavior. You have been warned. Haha.


Have a Blessed Night.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts