Baltimore Running Festival: Part 1

Hello Beautiful People,

Well it was quite a busy and fun weekend. Can I just say how much I love having Fridays off? haha. Well I do!

So Friday Heather and I were going to Baltimore to pick up our 5K race packets for the Baltimore Running Festival. The Expo opened at noon so I made sure to have some breakfast before we got on the road.  I knew we would be there for a little while and we didn't know what we would be doing for lunch.



We got there just on time and the lines were crazy around the corner to get in. Luckily it moved fast and we got our race bibs quickly.  Then we were to head downstairs for our shirts and the rest of the goodies.



My shirt was a medium. We needed to go over to the shirt exchange because Heather got two ladies shirts instead of one for her and a mens for her son. I wanted to look at a large just in case. But, the large looked really big for me so I kept my medium. 

One of the first booths we stopped at had headbands that I loved. With my short hair headbands are my workout salvation. I felt bad because I could not make a decision. I was like a little kid in a candy store. I finally settled on three. I got one that had guitars on it for next year's Rock'n'Roll races. One has 13.1 on it. And my favorite just says "Suck it up". te he. 



Across from that booth was the powerbar booth. I think it's funny. I always taste them like they are new to me. haha. I love them!  Right next to that booth was the CHEESE booth! CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE! I limited it to one bite.

I was simply beside myself when we walked past a booth that had running belts that I had looked at previously. One of the ladies I follow on instagram had a giveaway for them over the summer. I had been visiting the website and looking at them. I was wearing sweatpants when I tried them on and decided that I would go with the medium. It felt a tad on the snug side, but not by much. I am not usually wearing sweatpants when I run, in fact spandex is often involved. So that's my choice. 

The sales lady kept reminding me of the return policy in case it doesn't fit better. HEY LADY! Guess what, when I'm not wearing sweatpants they fit just fine!  That annoyed me.  But, I loved the belt. It's a cloth belt with openings all around it so that you can put items in it all around your waist. Someone pointed out that with all of the stadium and airline restrictions, it's a great option for games and travel too. BONUS.  I wanted to get a fun color, but I got a black one. If I like it, I will get a second one in a different color later. 

Headbands and a running belt. They were my only two purchases. Although I really REALLY wanted a Superwoman Running shirt by Under Armour....one day I will get one...(when they aren't $42).

So now we were hungry and a little thirsty. We walked over towards the Inner Harbor to find a place to eat. My boss had recommended a place that makes fantastic breakfasts, but we decided to stay in the immediate area. Please note, I will be back for that breakfast!

We walked around and decided on The Cheesecake Factory. Oh this could be good!  So hard to focus while we are waiting for a table and the big giant display of cheesecake is calling my name. I wanted a burger something bad...I always want a burger darn it.


We decided to split an appetizer instead of splitting a piece of cheesecake. We ordered an appetizer of the grilled artichoke.



And I'm proud to say that I ordered off of the Skinnylicious menu and got the turkey and avocado sandwich with a side salad. The food was delicious and I didn't feel stuffed afterwards. I was quite content with it. Very happy actually. It was YUMMY!




After lunch on our way back to the car we passed a candy store. Heather wanted to go in for some fudge. Sadly there was no fudge. But there was a 5lb gummy bear, 1lb Reeces Peanut  Butter cups, and candy underwear.



Not to mention the different flavored lip balms: french fries, Macaroni'n'Cheese, bacon...


Honestly, it was a bit nauseating. We left without buying anything. Very happy about that.

When we got home I tried on the race shirt. It fit just fine...actually a tad big. YEAH! I love when that happens.  And soon it was time for bed. We had considered getting a room close to Baltimore for the night, but we really didn't want to spend any more money and so we would be leaving at 5:30am. Since that meant my alarm would go off at 4am (to pad for a snooze or two) then I needed to go to bed early.

The race was so much fun and it was such an inspiring day. I can't wait to tell you all about it...tomorrow.

Have a Blessed Night.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts