Random Wednesday - Race Ready

Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

Well we are 11 days away from the Half Marathon and tonight was a 10 miler..I'm a little tired so this may be a little short. The past two days I have worked 8 hour days and then run 16 miles.  Tonight was way sweaty. I had to do laundry when I got home. The smell of my sweat was making me sick.

*****

So I stopped at the grocery store last night so that I wouldn't be going out to eat all week. But, tonight I was super tired driving home. So I stopped at Subway. Figured I would eat half and take half for lunch.

BONUS!

All Footlongs are $5 for September. Good to know...GOOD to know...

*****

I need to get insurance before I can start training on my own. I called to see if my agency has the coverage I need. It does not. *sad face*.  The good news is that I get a good deal though ACE, but it's not in the budget until next month...argh.

I was hoping to just pay monthly, but I'll have to pay it all at once. That money was budgeted for my December race. So now I'll just have to use Training money to pay for it :-) Or ask Santa.

*****

 Here's some good news. While I have not lost any weight since the March race, I have totally gotten smaller. I wore the running jersey that I wore for the last Half Marathon. It was on the snug side back then. It was super loose today. WOO WOO. I actually got one a size smaller for this race, but I was nervous it was too small. I think it would be just fine though. HOLLA

*****

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?????

The season starts tomorrow and I could not be more excited. I heart football. It's getting easier to cut back on the munchies during games. Of course that usually means watching them by myself. I'm good with veggies and hummus or guac. If only that's what everyone ate.

PS- Tony Stewart has some serious competition during Football season. I have had a massive crush on Aaron Rodgers for years...sigh...he's yummy.

That doesn't mean I won't take Tony Stewart's call. Dude has a broken tibia and fibula I would help in any way I could :-) Hey Tony Stewart, CALL ME. (PS Aaron Rodgers, you can call too)

*****
A Big SHOUT OUT to my friends and family that made pledges for my Run for Autism.

I have met my goal (but I'm still actively raising funds) and to date I have raised over $1300 for Autism Research in 2013. That ranks right up there with the highlights of my year.

*****

 I'm trying to figure out the logistics for race weekend.  When am I going to go into the city to get my packet? What am I going to eat for my carb loading meal the night before? Where will I get my traditional burger after the race? Who will go with me?

Now that I live further away there are things to work out. So if any of the Quigley family reading this wants to jump in feel free :-)

*****


Time to update your playlist.  As always, here is the list of the hottest workout songs that gets emailed to me every month:

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Lady GaGa - Applause - 140 BPM
Bruno Mars - Locked Out of Heaven (The M Machine Remix) - 85 BPM
Lana Del Rey & Cedric Gervais - Summertime Sadness - 125 BPM
Rihanna & David Guetta - Right Now - 130 BPM
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive - 137 BPM
Krewella - Live for the Night - 127 BPM
M83 - Midnight City - 105 BPM
Capital Cities - Safe and Sound (RAC Mix) - 118 BPM
Katy Perry - Roar - 90 BPM
Pink & Lily Allen - True Love - 95 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

*****

Alright Bleeps, my legs are sore. It's time for rest.

Have a Blessed Night.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Fundraising for http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13

Comments

Popular Posts