Mirror Mirror On the Wall...


Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I seem to be amazed at what I see in the mirror these days. I spend a lot of time looking at myself. I don't even recognize the woman looking back at me anymore.  Where is the Former Fat Girl?

My mom and grandmom keep commenting on how skinny my face is. Well I don't see it that often unless I'm looking in a mirror. But, I do see it when I look there. I am shocked when I see pictures from last year. I can see a difference in my face from just that short time ago. And when I look at pictures from a couple of years ago I am shocked. I was well into my journey at that time and thought I looked really good. I did, but man, my hard work is paying off. I look even Better now!

Since I can't see my face all day long, what I do look at are my hands. I can see the weight loss in my hands. There is NO fat in them. I can even see them in pictures from a couple of years ago and see how much skinnier they are now.

The morning Hannah and I were leaving for the Expo before the race I put on my jeans and my new favorite light sweatshirt. As I was in the bathroom I walked past the full length mirror and immediately thought "is it a trick mirror?" LOOK AT MY BUTT!  OMG my legs and butt looked so small. SO small. Confession: I found a billion reasons to go into that bathroom. I must have walked by that mirror about a couple dozen times...no exaggeration.

Hannah took a picture of me on the Mechanical sneaker at the Expo just as I had climbed on. It's a shot from behind. My butt looks tiny!  Muscular and tiny!  I look at this picture a little too much.

After the race last week, when we were walking towards Arby's I saw this woman in the window. She looked good. And familiar. It was me. And the first thought through my mind was "MAN I look skinny!" DANG!  I could see the curves of my hips and waist!  For so many years they were covered with big baggy sweatshirts.

Since I have been sick I have been able to wear more of my underwear. I have some lovely pairs that I cannot wear when I workout. Saturday I was wearing a small fun pair. I had just put my long sleeve shirt on and saw myself in the mirror. The shirt covered most of my upper body. Only a small section of my belly was showing. I just kept looking at the
exposed area. My Thighs!  So thin!

Shortly after the race I got my email that some of the official pix from the race were available. I don't always love my race pictures. I can be bloated. My belly is jiggling up and down. The race belts and shirts I wear tend to find their way north.  This time I was simply amazed at what I saw. Okay sure, there was some motion that wasn't flattering, but I look GOOD!  I look FIT!  I look like an ATHLETE!

I also have a tab for the March race on the same page. For fun I looked over those pictures. Six months later and I can see a difference. WOW. And for giggles, I just pulled up the pix from last year's Philly race. Amazing. My transformation is simply amazing.

Dropping massive amounts of weight in short periods of time is not the ideal way to do it. While making it a much slower pace can be frustrating, it's so much easier to keep it off. I have busted my ass this year and it shows.

I can't wait to see what I will look like next year!

Have a Blessed Night.

You can still make pledges to my Run for Autism even though the race is over:


http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts