My Non-Labor Day Weekend: Relaxing

Hello Beautiful People,

Well summer is officially over. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  It was just beginning for me. So not fair.

Did you have a good Labor Day weekend? I enjoyed my extra long-long weekend.  It started off with a stop for Breakfast at Starbucks where I enjoyed an spinach egg-white feta wrap and a good book that was NOT a text book. I hardly knew what to do with myself. haha.

Then I rushed down to Virginia. I got there at noon. Just in time for lunch. I ate a sandwich and sat outside for a little while to read some more.  It was so decadent. I couldn't relax too much though. I had to run an errand and go to Mom's school. It was her last day to set up her classroom before the start of the year. And if I don't get there early I won't see her until Midnight.

While I was reading I had thrown in a load of laundry. I had a little time to kill before I left...and so I hula hooped. I wanted to see how long I could go without dropping. My max was over 9 minutes. Seriously. That was so cool.

I was still a little hungry when I got to school because I meant to stop for a snack, but I ended up stopping at Starbucks. Any "snack" would not help my hunger. It would only help a sweet tooth. So we blasted through the classroom and got out by 6pm. And then it was time to go to dinner. Where do we go? I want food NOW!

We picked Coyote Grille. I had never been, but they had me at "guacamole". We ordered a small guac to split. I got a scrumptious Lime in the Coconut Margarita (tasted like a pina colada with tequila) and the Fiesta salad. YUM. The salad was in a bowl. I didn't have the will power to resist a tortilla shell bowl. It was romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, queso fresco, grilled sweet potatoes and avocado with chipotle-honey lime dressing. I had it with steak (I indulged). OMG it was delicious, and I didn't feel stuffed afterwards. I was a tad buzzed (tequila on an empty stomach is not a good idea).

We did not have dessert. My calories were in my tasty drink.

Saturday morning came and I had apparantly turned off my alarm.  Oops. I had plans at 1 (and the rest of the day) so I had hoped to get up early for a run then hit the pool. Time was short, but I still managed a 15 minute run (got nice and sweaty) and then hit the pool for an hour. I didn't get a lot of color, but I got some...and some Ahhhhh time. That felt good. I took a book, but it was horrible. So I just put on Jimmy Buffett and closed my eyes.

The rest of the day included going to lunch with cousin Randy, hitting the used bookstore, visiting Mom-Mom, bringing her back to my aunt's for dinner, and then Birthday dinner celebration for mom.

Lunch was at my FAVORITE!  Red, Hot, & Blues! I gots BBQ! It looked smaller than usual, but just as tasty. It's kind of a good thing I don't live down there anymore. I think I would eat there every day.

There was no plan for the used bookstore...just to look around. I kept it to under $10 so I call it a win.

We quickly stopped at Starbucks and I was elated to find that they had ordered an extra case of the peach syrup and still had the Iced Peach Tea Lemonade. KUDOS!  Thank goodness since everyone else seems to be out. BOOOOOOOO.

We picked up Mom-Mom and brought her for dinner. Steak. Potatoes. Salad. Cake.  All yummy.  Before dinner I got a nice surprise. My aunt got me a Congratulations shirt (three stars) and a starbucks card. YEAH!  Bonus. My family is so proud of me.

So the plan was to fill up on salad. I had salad, a half of potato, and one of the smaller portions of steak. I also wore my shorts that had a waist. If I had worn the comfy loose skirt I probably would have kept eating. But, my waist told me I was done. I let some time go and then I went outside to hoop. Yup, I brought my hula hoop. I couldn't do it for too long (wanted the food to stay down), but I was out there for 10-15 minutes.  I made sure to be that creepy girl outside the window peeking in to watch the football game.  The cake was yummy of course, and we got sent home with half of it.  Outward: expressing my displeasure. Inward: the former fat girl did a cartwheel.

Sunday came and it was time for church. Immediately after we found our way to Starbucks. Pumpkin Spice is back and Mom is a happy camper.  I got an iced green tea for the pool. That's right, it was POOL day! Three glorious hours. Just laying there relaxing. Ahhh.

My pool time included lots and lots of water. It still amazes me that I turn to water. The Former Fat girl would load up on the diet coke. But, that doesn't cool your body temperature or actually quench your thirst.

After the pool we grabbed dinner and ran to Kohl's for some back to school shopping. Not me though, I hit the clearance workout clothes. Okay Picture it: it's after dinner, I'm bloated and I've been drinking water all day...and I'm trying on spandex. WHAT???  And the mediums fit. HOLLA! I tried on this pretty Vera Wang sun dress. It was a large and just too big. It looked like a tent on me. I'm sad because it was super pretty, but happy cause that's a good reason not to get it.

For the most part I stayed off of my computer for weekend. That was lovely. I did, however, lose hours playing a stupid game on my phone.  I'm a little annoyed at that. That's falling back into Former Fat Girl habits. I will be deleting them off of the phone.

My food plan for the weekend was portion control. It was good. I was full, but not stuffed. I didn't quite get all of the workouts in that I had hoped, but I stayed active and that's a plus. That just means I hit the gym hard this week.  That's why it's so important to keep to a regular schedule.


Have a Blessed Night.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Fundraising for http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13

Comments

Popular Posts