Friday Night: Just me and Say Yes To The Dress

Happy Friday Bleeps,

I'm still sick. It's slowly driving me insane. Yesterday when I woke up I could barely breathe. So I worked from home. My medicine finally kicked in around noon and I was super excited. I was possibly going to take a nap for lunch. I needed restful sleep.  I was breathing, but fighting a horrible headache. Basically for the second time this week, as soon as I closed the laptop I laid down and was asleep by 8pm.

I woke up with my alarm feeling refreshed and happy. So I went to work. I probably shouldn't have. I could breathe, but now I was coughing.  I could not wait to get home. I had high hopes of writing my race blog, but that will have to wait until tomorrow (and I don't have any plans other than laying in bed resting so that's most likely going to happen...in fact it may be a 2 post day! I still owe you that other post about church.).

So tonight's plan was to finish the awful book that I was reading. Done. Thank goodness. It was Awful! I probably wouldn't have pushed to finish it if I hadn't just stopped reading another awful book. Bah.

And so here I am watching my Guilty Pleasure 'Say Yes To The Dress'. I'm such a sap. An hour ago was 'Say Yes To The Dress: Bridesmaids' and my heart broke.

First let me say, I'm not sure why I was born a Yankee. I am such a Southern Girl at heart. It's no wonder I fell in love with North Carolina. Maybe that's my great love story in life. If Sex And The City's Carrie had her love affair with New York City, why can't I have my South?  It's no wonder I'm trying to find my way back there. I LOVE the South. I LOVE Lori on 'Say Yes To The Dress Atlanta/Bridesmaids'. I said before that if I were to ever get married I would move heaven and earth to go to her store for a dress and I stand by that. I heart her! 

Okay so in this particular episode that moved me there was a full-figured bride and bridesmaid (I shall call her Belle). The maid of honor was the smaller skinnier sister of the bride. Can you guess where this is going?

Of course they don't have a large selection of dresses for Belle to try on. She finds a dress that she likes. She likes the material. She likes the fit. She's smiling. The sister, doesn't like it and whips out the "I know they are best friends, but I am the maid of honor card". Oh No She Didn't!

And so they keep looking. At one point Belle is in the dressing room crying because she can't fit in most of the dresses. The bride comes in and they hug and then they have this beautiful moment. The bride tells her "The most important thing is that you love yourself. You are beautiful. Now let me hear you say it. Tell me how beautiful you are." And she does. All of the girls pick similar dresses that compliment their bodies and in the end everyone is happy.

It was just so hard to watch. I have been there. I still feel like I am there for the most part. I know it's not fair to just say "Hey skinny girls, please be considerate of the fat girl's feelings and pick a dress that she likes." I mean you can't say "Hey blondes, please be considerate of the brunette girl's feelings". Except that we are talking about body issues. If you can't all pick separate dresses, then you HAVE to consider her feelings. You HAVE to...otherwise that wedding is going to be a living nightmare for her.

I know we all want to look our best, but seriously how can you fight for a dress that will make someone else cry?

I just wanted to crawl into the TV and give her a hug. Instead, I will crawl into bed and go to sleep.

Have a Blessed Night.

You can still make pledges to my Run for Autism even though the race is over:


http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts