Post Race - Part 2

Happy Tuesday Bleeps,

I had hoped to write about the race today, but not tonight. I ended up working from home today. My throat started to feel super scratchy last night and when I woke up it felt horrible. That plus my sore calf and I needed a day in bed.

It was a hard day to get through. Emotionally there is a lot going on and physically my body is tired. I needed a day of doing nothing, but my brain doesn't like it. I want to be at the gym. I was talking with a friend about workouts. He's lifting tonight. I thought that maybe I could lift at home tonight too. I have weights. That was my workout plan for the gym anyway. And then after my 5th popsicle (sugar free of course) and when I got back from lunch and couldn't keep my eyes open I reminded myself that I need rest.

While I enjoy the rest part of working from home, I don't enjoy the food. I tend to want to eat all day. I'm working. I'm by myself. I want to eat. It was very hard to stop myself. I limited it, but it was hard. It was especially hard because emotionally it was a rough day.

My uncle passed away this afternoon. There were a lot of tears shed this afternoon. Next month was to be the celebration for his and my aunt's 50th Anniversary. I adore my Aunt Patty and my Uncle Joe. They were the cutest you've ever seen. And their travels were amazing. It feels like every month I would hear "Did you hear where Patty and Joe are right now?" They didn't let anything stop them. I admire that so much.

I know it sounds silly, but no matter how many years passed I never thought of them as getting older. They still seemed to be as active as ever. My heart is breaking for Aunt Patty right now and I'm doing everything I can not to run out and buy a bag of halloween candy.  That's the urge I have been fighting all day. I was originally going to go out at lunch and get my oil changed, but I opted against it. I knew I would make a stop on my way home.

I am going to call it a night. I'm beat.

Have a Blessed Night.

You can still make pledges to my Run for Autism even though the race is over:


http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts