Random Wednesday: Bagels, Sunflowers, and Chocolate

Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

Today was Breakfast Club day. It was Ms. Liz' turn to bring in breakfast and she asked if I had any preference of a bagel from Panera. I have always wanted to try their French Toast bagel. So she got me one and it was yummy.  A definite treat. It shall be reserved for special occasions.

Thank you Ms. Liz.

Next week it's my turn and I haven't really thought about what I am bringing in yet.

*****

I live by Longwood Gardens and pass it every day on my way to and from work. There is a field next to the road that they rotate crops every year. This year they planted sunflowers. I pass a gigantic field of sunflowers twice a day. Now every time I pass there are a bunch of cars pulled over to the side and people are in the fields taking pictures. I want to pull over so bad, but I'm not generally wearing shoes that I want to wear in a field.

I don't know how long it will last, but this has been such a pleasant and beautiful surprise. They should do it every year.

*****

This weekend is my Uncle's Celebration Service.  The service will be followed with an Italian Feast. Not gonna lie, got a little excited when I heard that.

*****

It's school fundraiser time. There was a packet going around today for gourmet chocolates and pizzas. It was tough to resist, but I did.

*****
Have you tried Kale Chips? I'm intrigued. I'm going to try making some soon.

*****

Back in college I indulged in a little guilty pleasure...it was my Danielle Steele phase.  Often the novels took place in Carmel, CA. That made me smile...mostly because it was close enough to caramel.

Now in the mornings I pass a sign for Cartmel. Close enough. I pretty much have caramel on the brain.

*****

So we are signed for the Baltimore Running Festival in a couple of weeks. Headphones are discouraged. I get it, I really do. They want you to really feel the run. But,  I need my music. I'm going to step out of my comfort zone and obey the rules.  It's going to be hard. I figure I will either have my fastest time (because I'm just trying to get it over with) or it will be my slowest time ever.

*****

Have you ever seen 19 Kids and Counting on TLC?  I know lots of people have opinions about this family.  I would like to make an observation though. What are the odds of having 19 kids and none of them are overweight? I would say it has a lot to do with the fact that they aren't sitting around playing video games, but are actually being very active.

*****

One of the gents that I work with, Mr. Mario, just came back from Columbia. And he brought me some more chocolate. I believe I have talked about it before, but omg if you have never had any you must!  It's not like Hershey chocolate (which is fabulous). He brought me two packs of it. Each pack has 12 bars...let's see how long I can make this last.

*****

Have a Blessed Night.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Fundraising for http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13

Comments

Popular Posts