Things that Make Me Happy

Hello Beautiful People,

So you are probably wondering if I bailed on Ms. Amy at the gym or not. I didn't quite get there early. My clients cancelled at 5:30 am and I quickly changed my alarm time. It was a struggle because it turned into a lazy morning, but I eventually pulled my butt together and made it the the gym. I didn't get miles in before our workout, but Ms. Amy and I did get a nice 90 minute cardio/weights/core workout in. And today my boobs hurt, so it was a good one.

We enjoyed a nice lunch at Zoe's after where we each got a free side of hummus (the way to my heart). Then we stopped for a little Starbucks on our way to Target.  It was a good day.

When I was talking to my mom on my way home I mentioned that I was disappointed that I didn't get my miles in and I was out of the house longer than I had planned. I still had a lot of things on my To Do list to get to. She reminded me that I was doing things that made me happy.  And she was right. That's been missing in my life for a while, so I didn't beat myself up when I got home. I also didn't get much done when I got home, but I'm okay with that. I made up for it today.

It's been a long time since I put myself first. To be honest, I was well burnt out and slightly depressed before Dad got sick.  So I wasn't exactly in great shape mentally or physically when he passed away and it only got worse since then.

I'm not a big New Year's Resolution person, but I really have tried to focus on myself in 2018.  I've been to the gym the last 5 days. Today I even went before church. Go me! I have also been working on organizing and cleaning the chaos at home. My plan has been to not sit down for one hour once I get home. That's when I can't get up. So for one hour I pick an area and work on it.

I was very productive New Year's Eve Weekend. I packed away most of my Christmas decorations. This isn't like me. I like to leave it up as long as possible.  Mom-Mom always told me we left the tree up until Russian Christmas (which is today), but I can even extend it longer if I try.

Now if you know me or have followed my blog for years, you know that in general I am little Miss Christmas. I'm the first one to listen to Christmas music and put my tree up and I'm the last to take them down.  This year was really hard for me. I didn't put the tree up until I came home from Thanksgiving weekend. And even when I put it up, my heart wasn't in it. One of my favorite things in life is sitting in the dark watching Christmas movies with the Christmas Tree Lights on. It usually brings me joy.  I just didn't feel it this year. I think it was because I was so full of anxiety over it being the First Christmas without Dad and I just couldn't relax and enjoy it.

The tree is still up and I'm actually enjoying the lights again. I'll take it down next weekend. But, in the meantime, I'm going to let it make me happy.  I've also been enjoying something else that makes me happy. Reading. I LOVE to read.

Last year I kept a journal of all of the books that I finished. I finished 35 in 2017. For some people that may seem like a lot, but for me that's very low.  I've been enjoying reading again. Ahh....

I'm also trying not to get too excited yet, but y'all know what an Olympics junkie I am...especially CURLING. I was watching the Olympic trials a few weeks ago and got a little giddy. There is a Curling Center in Charlotte and I am bound and determined to get there this year. I am such a nerd.

Alright kids, I need to get some z's in before a very long day tomorrow.

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts