Motivations and Rewards


Hello Beautiful People,

Well it was the first day back for Pre-school after a long break and I'm wiped out. However, I wanted to check in before I go to bed.

Yesterday I had planned on going for a run to start my training for the Half Marathon coming up soon. However, I ended up spending 4 hours on the floor putting together a deluxe kitchen set for the classroom. I'm not going to lie, it was awful. It took us 20 minutes to figure out step 1. And let me just say that Ms. Brooke and I are not newbies to building things. The instructions for this kitchen were just written horribly.

Anyway, my body doesn't enjoy sitting for long periods of time.  My general lack of exercise of late has really taken a toll on my hip.  Stupid scoliosis! I try to do hip stretches and exercises regularly, but I've been remiss of late (and I know better). I was in a world of hurt when I finished the kitchen. I had that darn heating pad on my hip for an hour.  The professional in me knows that the more active I am, the stronger my hip will get. I know this. But, I'm not always the best at listening to myself. Do as I say, not as I do.

Today I was determined to get to the gym. I was getting really tired during the day though. I got in a Mexican stand off with a 3 year old and it took a lot out of me. But, something pretty awesome happened. I had two friends make donations for my St. Jude's team. That gave me the pat on the back that I needed.

I didn't have an amazing run. In fact, I didn't run at all. I walked fast for 3 miles.  My knee has been bothering me for a few days so I didn't want to put undue pressure on it. I'm starting slow, but slow and steady wins the race. I have a plan. Since this is my first week of training I'm going light, but consistent everyday. Then we will start to build it up over the weekend.

Before I forget, Thank You Becky and Amy! Your donations make such a difference.

Here is the link for the fundraising page in case you missed it:

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR?fr_id=75944&px=4953572&pg=personal

This is a great motivation for me. If I had just signed up and paid the registration fee I could still talk myself out of training. Knowing that people are paying money for a cause is all of the reason that I need.  I'll be back again tomorrow. You can count on it.

So what other things motivate me? Well I am going on another cruise this year. YAY!  We are leaving port in 339 days....thank goodness. I am not bathing suit ready. That's one of the reasons that I wanted to sign up for this race. I knew it would jump start me again. If all goes well I am planning on anther one in November.

While motivation is a good tool, I'm also using a reward system.  If I get in a certain amount of miles per week I will treat myself.  There is a book that I want and haven't been able to find it in the bookstore. I will buy it on my kindle If I can get in 10 miles this week (W-F). Now there is a daily reward: Hydro Massage Bed at the gym.

Okay, I have a lot more to say, but I have yawned about 100 times since I started writing this. I need to not fight this and give in to the z's. I wanted to make sure that I blog though. I want this be my regular routine again. It takes approximately 21 days of doing something consistently for it to become a habit. Welcome to Day 2. haha. Good night Friends.

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts