Getting all sexy with Fiber

Hello Beautiful People,

It's about to get all sorts of sexy up in here.  Turn down the lights. Light some candles. Pour yourself a glass of wine. And let's talk about fiber!

Last night was awful. I mean it was AWFUL!  So last we met I had gone to the grocery store after the gym and got a salad before Room in the Inn. Well it was a mighty darn good salad. It was so full of fiber that I was in pain all night.

I started not to feel so good during Room in the Inn. I sat and had a small plate of pasta and meatballs with our guests. It was delicious, but it was also a little heavy for me and I was doing everything that I could to make myself burp. My jeans felt a little snug. Before I left to go home I stopped in the ladies room. I'll be as delicate as I can, but man I had the biggest fart and felt sooo much better

For the record, before I go on, Ms. Severina (aka Ms. Heather) is probably jumping for joy reading this post. Flatulence is one of her favorite subjects.

I have a 30 minute drive home. It was the most uncomfortable drive EVER. It felt like my insides were trying to escape. It wasn't an "I need to poop" feeling. It was an "I feel like my insides are full of helium" feeling.

It's a good thing I am single. I would have been abandoned immediately. I literally couldn't stop passing gas. Just as I would let one rip and I would feel better, the next bigger one was beginning to build up.  I thought it would never end.  I was a living Saturday Night Live Sketch.

So what brought this on? Well I'm always a tad gassy after my spinach salads.  However, I had a little bit of amnesia when I made my salad and was excited to add some edamame.  Ugh...I sort of forgot that there are some beans that really disagree with me. Soy based beans are not my friends.

Actually they are. They are choc full of fiber and are great for me. I just really hate farting.

Fiber is super important and yet so many people don't really understand it. The days that I studied Fiber for my Sports Nutrition Specialty were super gross, but also very enlightening.

One of the major roles of fiber is to clear your intestine from build-ups that could cause problems, specifically colon cancer.  If you've ever had a difficult poop, and we all know that we all have, then one of two things was missing: Fiber or water. Both are needed for healthy digestion.

I'm pretty open about how regular I am. I mean I'm not inviting anyone to join me in the bathroom, but I'm like clockwork. It comes in handy when you are OCD.  Unexpected poop stops are unwelcome.  Now is not the right time to talk about the consistency of poop, but I will ask you one question: When is your first Number 2 of the day?  If the answer is not: Within an hour of when I wake up, then you are not as regular as you should be.

I eat my fruits and vegetables and so I am very regular. And when I say that I eat them, I mean I literally ask myself every day if I got my 5 servings in that day. Occasionally the answer is no, but the overwhelming majority of the time the answer is a resounding YES MA'AM! 

So what are some good examples of fiber?

The things that I eat daily that include fiber: Banana, carrots, spinach, whole wheat bread, and most beans. These aren't the only sources of fiber, but I eat all of these almost every day.

Please don't let my story of gas turn you away from eating healthy. Just get to know what your tolerance is. I really did forgot that edamame does that to me. I mean I would have been slightly gassy about the spinach, but it wouldn't necessarily have prompted a blog post. 

It's not a pretty subject, but it is an important one. And look at how much I have grown as an educator. I would never talk about farting in such an open forum before. Aww I'm so proud of me.

Good night, and Happy Gas everyone!

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts