11 Day past due...Sorry for the delay

Hello Beautiful People,

****Please note that this was started last week...and the beginning of this post is referencing the Friday following 2 snow days at home***

Okay so Friday didn't quite go as planned.  I cannot stress how crappy my scoliosis can make me feel some days. If my hips are tight and I slept mostly on my side, then I have a real hard time the next day. That was my Friday.

I want in to pre-school ready to organize and clean. I then spent 2 hours standing in pain in the kitchen while I was cleaning toys. My pain level was high and my patience was running low. I was a mess.

As a result, I didn't go to the gym. My hips were too tight for the treadmill. I stopped at the store for the fruit that I would be taking the next day.  When I got home I did a workout that included lots of yoga for my hips and then weights for my whole body.  It was a good one. I felt SO much better.  It sucked to give up the miles, but I had no choice.

Saturday was a lot of fun. It was a long day, but a much needed one.  The day began with a road trip.  I was secretly happy when they said we were going to McDonald's first. It's never my first choice, but I didn't really have a lot for breakfast and an egg mcmuffin would make me happy. While we were in line I saw something that made me cringe. There was a sign for Uber Eats. This made me so mad. Seriously? This is so not good. There is no reason for this. There is no chance in the fight against Obesity if you can have McDonalds delivered.


When we arrived the driveway was still a bit icy. So while most people were inside setting up, I went outside with the guys and shoveled away. My shoulders were burning, but it felt good to do something physical after sitting in the car for so long.

The good news is that I did take fruit to the potluck. Hooray. The pineapple and grapes were huge. There was a little bit left and I enjoyed it the next day.


I live in the South. And there are still things that I can't get used to. One is Deviled Eggs. I have only ever had them at Easter and during the summer. They might make an occasional appearance at Thanksgiving, but that was it. In the South, they show up everywhere. I like to play a game at potlucks. Guess How Many Deviled Eggs there will be. This particular Potluck had 4.



After the reunion we went to the Outlets and I was super excited. They have an Asics store and I wanted socks. Try not to get too jealous, but you really should be. I LOVE their socks.

Then it was time for dinner. We had 5 people and a 2 hour drive home. So naturally we called friends that we had just left at the reunion and met up with them. The restaurant had a 2 hour wait for a party our size. Ugh. Luckily one of our peeps worked at the restaurant and we moved up the list. All I had been hearing about was this amazing chicken. It was Key Lime Chicken.

Ohhh....Myyyy.....Gosh.....It was worth the wait. It was so delicious. I was looking up the recipe in the car ride home. I paired it with mixed vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes (a single portion).



I have lots more to share, but I'm wiped out. So I'm thinking we'll have a Random Thursday tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams.

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 


Instagram: Jennie 5973

Twitter: hugsnsmile

Pinterest: jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Comments

Popular Posts