The Naked Truth

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

How often do you look at your body?  I mean REALLY look at your body.  I spend a lot of time looking at mine. Probably more than is healthy.  It makes me laugh considering that the Former Fat Girl did everything she could to avoid the mirror.

Every day I look at and examine myself from a bunch of different angles. I look at my belly. I look at my butt. I look at my shoulders. I look at my butt. I look at my legs. I look at my back. I look at it all.

Some days I'm really excited. I see my progress. Some days I am sad at how much further I need to go.

My belly frustrates me. But, the reality is that it IS getting smaller. It doesn't feel like it. But, what I keep reminding myself is that I am comparing it against my legs. The proportions are still the same. And the size is smaller. My legs are getting so small. Therefore my belly is getting smaller. I'm starting to feel like I just have a little inner tube around my lower belly. It feels like gravity is pulling it all down. I'll take that though. I used to have a tire around there.

Marathon training is exhausting. As I get closer to the big day my workouts completely change. I have drastically cut back on my weights and legs days. I'm physically exhausted from my mileage. My legs are tight enough. I don't want legs days to make it any worse.

The casualty in all of this has been my arms. I miss my muscular arms. I am not making Tuesday and Thursday weights days. I did some today and it was painful. Painful to my ego. I had to drop my weights.  It's temporary and once the race is done I will hit them up again. So right now we tone.

The rewards of my Naked truth far outweigh the negatives. It's a wonderful time in my life.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts