Random Wednesday: Stolen thighs, Showers, and Playlist


Happy Random Wednesday!

I got out there for 3 miles today. I could have easily stayed in bed all day, but it was important to get out there and stretch my legs. They are TIGHT after Monday, but they make me feel amazing.

*****

Ms. Amy got a pink wig for Saturday's race. I feel my work here is done. hahaha. 

*****

I haven't worn a watch in years. But, I have felt compelled to get one of late. There is no clock for Girls On the Run and I don't want to use my phone. I had been looking at some at Target that tracked laps. I looked at them today. I didn't get one of them. I did get a cheaper version that is still as cute and has a stop watch. I can track laps that way.

I like it. I brought it out when I stopped for dinner. It took me forever to figure out how to set it. I felt like a genius once I got it right. And then when I as in Bible Study tonight my fitbit kept pushing it's buttons and it kept timing the study. lol. I will get used to it. 

And of course when I got home the alarm went off. I had no idea I had turned it on. I'll probably be waking up all night long because of it.

*****

I don't want to alarm anyone, but someone has stolen my thighs! It's been hot for the past couple of days. Today I was wearing my shorts. It's only been two weeks since last I wore them. I was completely struck by how thin my thighs have gotten. I almost don't recognize them.

HOLLA!

*****

Due to my schedule I am doing a lot of showering at the gym. This is a big deal for me. I'm not strutting around naked in the locker room, but that curtain doesn't always close all of the way. I am seriously amused by this. I was the girl in gym class that would hide when it was time to change for gym. Or at least I would change out my top first and then my shorts. I was never unclothed.

*****
I simply adore my Girls on the Run Girls. I am having the best time. I will be blogging about it later. For now I will leave you with the cutest exchange I had with Miss McKenzie (age 8).

Miss McKenzie: I don't run a lot. I only run when I'm being chased by bears.

Me: Does this happen often?

Miss McKenzie: No. So I don't run a lot.

This girls make me smile constantly!

*****

It's time to update your playlist. Here is the monthly list that gets sent to me.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.


Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts