Feel your Boobies Ladies!

Happy Monday Bleeps,

I hope you had a lovely weekend. Saturday was simply Pinkalicious for me!  Ms. Amy and I signed up for the Race for the Cure. It was such a wonderful day.

I needed to leave at 6:30am so that meant going to bed early the night before. Hahaha. Too bad I didn't. Gah!  That darn photoshoot went to my head.

They were expecting a very very large crowd so Ms. Amy went and picked up our packets on Wednesday. When I arrived she was wearing her pink wig and her Race shirt. She looked so cute. Soon we were off and headed towards uptown.

It was early in the morning and there were people dressed head to toe in pink swarming all over. It was glorious. We just followed the pink to the start line.

They announced that there were 17,000 people participating. I believed them. It was fabulous. And just as fabulous was the support on the sidewalks.



Before I forget, you all know how much I love football. Well I am not a Carolina Panthers fan. I just am not. One of the emcees for the event was DeAngelo Williams who is a Running Back for the Panthers. He has a team walking in support of his mom and sister. Crap...I like him now. I still don't like the team though.



There were two races that morning. The timed one started at 7:15. We were in the Recreational one at 7:50. This one was full of everyone just out there to show support and for the survivors. It was like a giant mob of 17,000 people dressed head to toe in Pink walking through the streets of Charlotte. No, that's exactly what it was. There were some people trying to run on the sidewalks, but it was very difficult to move through this mass of AWESOME!  I wouldn't change a thing.

It wasn't just people getting in on the action. It was the pups too!


Along the route there were people handing out carnations to survivors.

There were store windows showing support.

There were selfie stations.


There were cheerleaders along the way. There was a drumline from the Panthers. It was a fantastic day. There was even a huge clog at the finish line as everyone turned around to take selfies with it behind them...shhh...yeah we did.





Afterwards we visited the village for bananas and water. We got mini smoothie king samples. I got a cute hat (pictures later cause I love it!).

On our way to the car we passed a pink fire engine. It totally warms my heart how supportive people are. It's a shame that it is generally only in October.

Okay so what did we gather from this? These events are so much fun and they are for such a good cause. It's not always about who is fastest. It's about the experience. We did not walk at a super fast pace. But, we enjoyed ourselves and we started the day making a difference and exercising.  And I'm not going to lie, seeing all of those men supporting women they love by wearing pink (tutus included) was a bit sexy.



I did wear my tutu to my client's afterwards. She got a kick out of it. I did take it off for the session though. haha.

As soon as I was done with my client I stopped for food. And then I passed out on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. All of that excitement was just too much.

So Ladies, Feel your boobies!


Have a Blessed Evening.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress

pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts