Random Wednesday: Dairy, BBQ, and

Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

I have repeatedly forgotten to pick up something at the store. I mean I am talking about Weeks I have forgotten. I need Baby Wipes. I keep them in my car in case I get sweaty in the park (which pretty much happens EVERY time I am in the park). Someone remind me to pick them up this week please :-)

*****

I have consciously tried to cut back on my dairy intake. So far so good.  It's not eliminated completely, but it is limited. I am no longer purchasing cheese. SAY WHAT?

*****

I went to my mom's this weekend so there are several traveling randomnesses to tell you about.

While I was there Cousin Randy and I took Mom-Mom out to dinner. We went to a Diner. Now originally I was scared,  even though it was me who suggested it, since diners aren't exactly known for their healthy food. Luckily this one was. They buy fresh and local.

When we walked in I saw a fantastic picture of a sandwich on the wall. Upon closer inspection I saw lots of brussel sprouts. Not really my thing. When I was looking at the menu I was looking at gluten free coconut pancakes, a chipotle grilled chicken sandwich, a bison burger, and a turkey chili. But, I kept coming back to this grilled vegetable sandwich. So I ordered it. Grilled asparagus, roasted red pepper, mushrooms, and brussel sprouts with pesto. It also came with a citrus salad.

I can't believe how much I enjoyed it.

*****

Last week I got back into my weights. I was all excited. But, I noticed something. I was having a severe pain in my left hand as pressed down on it. I was fine lifting anything. This got a little difficult demonstrating push up positions for my clients. I am not taking a little break from it. I think it's better, but I will give it a little rest.

*****

When I packed to go up I didn't pack too much. I still had some sweatshirts and jackets there so if I needed any I would just use them. I needed some. Specifically, I had an Eagles sweatshirt that I figured I would wear. Except in my head it was super big. I wasn't really excited about it.

Good news!  It was smaller than I had remembered. It was my normal size. It's weird how I have bought so many super big sweatshirts over the years that I just assumed that it was super big too.

*****

My big treat over the weekend was going to my BBQ place for lunch. I haven't had BBQ in two months. That has to be a record. It was worth the wait.

*****

On my drive home I stopped for gas and a bathroom break. I also wanted some caffeine so I went to the soda machine. All sizes were $0.89. I picked the smallest size. I just wanted a little. Sometimes the best bargain is not the best choice.

*****

This week my workout schedule is off. I was not going to workout yesterday. While I was at my client's house my phone alerted me that it is bagel day at the gym. Hmm...go home and back to bed or get a free bagel?  I went to the gym. I was dressed for it. So I put in 3 miles and took my bagel home. Clearly, I would do anything for a free bagel. 

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts