Random Wednesday: sneakers, halloween, and butter

Happy Random Wednesday,

So yesterday I said that I was feeling the love. And I am.

This weekend I came home to find that I received a very generous gift certificate in the mail for the running store. I can get new sneakers for the marathon. I can get the GOOOOOOD sneakers.

I love the last ones I got. I love them so much that I broke my rule. I wear them even when I'm not training. I don't like to do that because it puts extra wear on them. But, the gels help my feet so much that I can't help it.

I am making a run to the store tomorrow to check it out. So excited.

*****

I have recently been introduced to almond milk. I have been drinking skim for so long that it is actually too thick and sweet for me. It's practically like a milkshake.

*****

My knee has been conditioned so well that I almost forgot about it. Well not this week. It is still pissed at me for the big distance (and that was only walking). I ran two laps with Girls on the Run yesterday and I wanted to cry the whole time. So I took today off too.  This is why my training is taking longer than the usual program.

*****

Halloween is coming up. I haven't gotten any candy. I'm super proud of myself.

So my tip to surviving is that if you are going to buy candy to give out, then buy stuff you won't eat. But, if you want to be super cool, buy pretzels and bubbles to give out.

*****

Tonight I was starting to get a headache. And then I realized that I fell seriously short in the water intake for the day.  Totally makes a difference people!

*****

In addition to the gift certificate, Heather send me a care package. New headphones. Running magazines. Salted Caramel gel packs. Protein bars. It's a Runner's dream package!

THANK YOU HEATHER!

*****

I was recently given leftovers of spaghetti squash. I have about 4 servings. I couldn't stop eating it. When I asked what was in it: "butter".  Of course it was good. Good lord, it's like giving crack to someone in rehab.

*****

Mommie already has a substitute lined up so that she can come to the Marathon. Holla!


Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts