She's a size 12 and solves murders

Hello Beautiful People,

I think that it's pretty clear by now that I like to read. I get really excited when I find an author that I like. And especially when I find a series of books by that author that I like. When I really like a character I love when there are more books to come.

Meg Cabot writes a series that I love. She mostly writes young adult novels. She wrote Princess Diaries.  The series that I like is the Size 12 series. It follows Heather Wells who is a former pop star. Her mother, who was also her manager, left the country with all of her money. So fast forward several years and she's now working in a Residence Hall at a college in NYC so that she can get her college degree. She's gained a little weight and has a fondness for sweets. Oh and in her spare time she solves murders on campus.

There are currently five books in the series. I was super excited when the 5th one came out. Every time I finish one I get sad that it's over.

There's something so comforting about someone who isn't a perfect size 6 being the heroine. Although I cringe every time she eats a bagel with bacon for breakfast and then goes for a high calorie large coffee drink later.

I get so torn. I am cheering on the strong non-conventional female character. Why does she have to stress eat so poorly? Then again, that's what the Former Fat Girl did...and sort of still does. That's probably why I struggle. I hate seeing it in the first place, but I especially hate being reminded of my weaknesses.

Reading these books reminds me of my past. No, not my pop star murder solving past, but of my days in the Residence Halls. When I was in college I was very active in the Residence Halls. I worked at the front desk for 3 years. I was a representative in the Residence Hall Association for 3 years. I was a Resident Adviser my Senior year. These are memories that I cherish. I made some wonderful friends. I still talk to many of them.

Occasionally someone will post pictures from a conference that we attended and it will hurt. I love seeing my friends and remembering them, but I hate seeing myself. Recently I found some boxes of photos from those lost years. I cried when I looked through them. I wanted to post a bunch for Throwback Thursday.  I will some day, but right now they are in a storage bin.

Maybe this series is like therapy. I will make you a deal. When I finish this book I will post pictures from those years. And I promise not to drag it. I am 40% done. ACK. She's getting married in this book...at least I hope she does. I won't stop til I find out.

*****

Trainer's Tip

Chances for success improves with a Support System. Don't be afraid to tell people of your wishes and desires. I'm not guaranteeing 100% success, but if no one knows that you want to make positive changes it will be hard for them to support you.

There are websites to find people with similar interests. Start your own. Contact people at work, at church, at school, etc. Someone will respond.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts