Random Wednesday: Burgers, Happy, Burgers..

Happy Random Wednesday Bleeps!

Last week while we were out running errands it ran into dinner time. I don't like getting caught without a plan, but I didn't think we'd be out that long. We went chasing down items in craft stores...you know how that can be.

Three places were popping up in my head: Five Guys Burgers, BBQ, and Panera. I figured Panera would be a safer choice. I am now reserving Panera for soup and a bread bowl when I am cold. They changed the menu. My food was good, but seriously expensive for a caesar salad and tiny flatbread sandwich. I could have bought dinner for two at Five Guys for that price. And of course that's what I was thinking. I don't want to be thinking that. I never want to think that I should have gone for a burger because it's cheaper.

*****

I have been invited to join an Event on Facebook: 30 Days Happy. 

Every day for 30 days we post things that made us happy that day. It's so wonderful. There is so much negativity in this world that it's nice to focus on the positive.

Feel free to join :-)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1632884116937489/

*****

One thing that I am struggling with right now is eating on Rest and Light days. I'm used to eating more on training days. But, if I'm not burning the calories then I can't consume them.

What I am working on is listening to my body. Am I hungry or is it habit eating? Portions are key every day, but especially Rest and Light days.

*****

I think we all know I like to read. I just finished a wonderful book. I read it in a few hours so if you have a couple to kill check it out:

The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen

It is about a young girl who is a track star. She loses her leg in an accident and has to come to terms with her future without running. In the process she becomes friends with a girl with CP named Rosa. Rosa teaches her how to look at life and in return she wants to cross the finish line with Rosa.

Jennie rates it: 5 tissues.

*****

We went to visit Mom-Mom in the hospital today. She's okay, just had a little spill. We were looking at the menu. She was excited because she had a great breakfast and lunch. She did have a Diet Restriction: Cardiac. So basically she was allowed only what was on the heart healthy menu.

I was a little shocked at some of the items on the full menu. I think the hospital likes it's patients so much they want them to come back: Cheesesteak, Quesadilla, Cheeseburger, Refried Beans, Mac'n'cheese...to name a few.

*****

Over the weekend I was out with Cousin Randy. We were at the Mall Sunday night around closing time. That also meant dinner time. We were quite limited: Taco Bell or Elevation Burger. We picked the burger place. They promote that the cows are organically fed. These are the 'healthy' burgers.

Yeah, first off there is no 'healthy' burger. There is a 'healthier choice of a burger'. But, don't tell me they are healthy and then I have to order a kids burger because that's the only one with one patty.

It was a good burger and I do appreciate that fact, but I get very irritated at marketing.

*****

 All I'm saying is that I'm down 1.5 lbs this week. HOLLA!  I was Super Duper happy looking in the mirror sideways today. All of my hard work is certainly paying off.



Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts