Random Wednesay: Cake, Movies, and Playlists

Happy Random Wednesday,

All I'm saying is that my butt is AMAZING right now. The increased running. The added squats. The added bike time. Here's a quarter...now bounce it off of me!

Of course, it also means a tight butt. Extra stretching required.

*****

This weekend is Miss Cassidy's 1st Birthday party!  YEAH!  That means travel...and cake!

*****

I got my book from the Library on Monday. I finished it Tuesday night. :-)

*****

Went to the movies last night. We saw 22 Jumpstreet. :-) I packed a baggy of animal crackers. I also took a small Twix. I knew I would want something sweet. I could have made a better decision, but it was a small treat. I didn't get a king size. I didn't get a bag of little Twix bites. I ate my small 1 serving Twix.

It bothers me that movies snacks are such a big deal. You shouldn't need them. It's not a meal. It's a learned behavior. The smell of the popcorn makes you hungry. If I watch a movie at home I can do it without snacks. Grr....darn you movie popcorn people!

*****

I"m a little excited. I made my first homemade ice/gel pack for my knee. 

1/4 Rubbing Alcohol
3/4 Water

I put it in two ziplocks and in the freezer. It's ready to use :-)

*****

Today was an unplanned day off from running. Last night there was a huge storm. My knees were achy. My muscles were tight from all of the extra milage. So instead, it was a 2 session yoga day. It was also: Push ups, abs, and squats day.

I feel so much better.

*****

When I write these Random Wednesday posts I always keep a list during the week of things that I want to write about. This week I wrote 'Starbucks' and I have no idea why. haha.

*****

I am starting a group for people to share books on the Kindle. I love books. And I love sharing books. I put a message out on Facebook to see if people would be interested in an email group. We could list the books we have and if anyone wants to borrow them.  I knew this was an option, but it turns out that many people didn't.  So if you are interested please email me:

jhenderonfit@gmail.com

*****

Went to Old Navy yesterday to exchange stuff. I went to the clearance section and scored. They had a bunch of workout clothes there. I found the shirt that I Love in a color they don't usually carry. I don't care. It's beautiful! I got it.

*****

The eternal battle has begun. I want to cut my hair. I want to let my hair grow. Bah. Watching Frozen makes me long for my long braids. Seeing pictures of my short hair makes me want my short hair.

Right now it's long enough for little pigtails. With the heat right now I am finding myself wearing pigtails even if I'm not running. Gotta keep it a little long until it cools off.

*****

It's my favorite time of the month!  Time to update that Playlist.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong - 121 BPM
Katy Perry - Birthday - 124 BPM
Charli XCX - Boom Clap - 93 BPM
Jarrod Niemann & Pitbull - Drink to That All Night (Remix) - 120 BPM
Magic - Rude - 72 BPM
Lady GaGa - G.U.Y. - 100 BPM
Shakira - The One Thing - 84 BPM
Tune-Yards - Water Fountain - 111 BPM
Far East Movement & Riff Raff - The Illest (Rell the Soundbender Remix) - 80 BPM
Lady Antebellum - Bartender - 101 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

*****

Trainer's Tip

Sneakers are important. Wearing good sneakers that fit right is very important. When you go shopping for them go at the time you would normally be using them. If you buy them in the morning, but usually workout at night your feet are generally a little more swollen at night. They might be too tight. And vice versa. 

Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts