Let's go to Lunch (spend some time in my head)

Hello Beautiful People,

Today we went out to lunch. It was a new place for me. When I saw the menu I got excited. It's a place that offers breakfast and lunch so the menu favored breakfast...I think you know that made me happy.

I was all over the map looking at the menu.

oh pancakes!

No wait, what's this Baja Turkey Burger: lean turkey patty with avocado, lettuce, housemade salsa, mayo and Pepper Jack on a grilled wheat bun. Served with dressed greens or bowl of soup.  Hmm...not crazy about the mayo, but I am excited about the avocado.

Oh look at the Power wrap: Egg whites, turkey, spinach, house-roasted Crimini mushrooms and swiss in a sun-dried tomato-basil tortilla. Served with fresh fruit and a side of housemade salsa. This would be a good for my run later...but I eat eggs and spinach all of the time...but it sounds sooo good.

Hmm...there's a 2 for you: 1/2 sandwich, 1/2 salad, cup of soup...I'm intrigued by the grilled turkey and the soup of the day..

Dang there is a Pecan Dijon salad: Fresh spring mix topped with all-natural white meat chicken breast, bacon, avocado, pecans, tomato, carrots, cheddar, and Monterey Jack. Drizzled with warm honey mustard dressing. Mmm...this sounds good...are the pecans candied or plain?

I want breakfast! Healthy Turkey: Egg white omelet with turkey, house-roasted onions, tomatoes, spinach and feta. Served with a dry English muffin. Yum yum.

Maybe I should get a sandwich. This Monterey Club looks good: Turkey, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, Monterey Jack, and mayo on multigrain.  

I can't tell you how many times I switched. I went back and forth between these for about 5 minutes. So what did I get? You'll just have to wait. But let me just stress, this is a true story. This is what it was like for me today.

I giggled when Aunt Carol pointed this out. This is what was wrapped around all of the silverware.


On the back of the menu was something that I enjoyed. I'm going to give it to you word for word. This is from the First Watch menu (www.firstwatch.com):

Here at First watch we begin each morning at the crack of dawn, slicing fresh fruits and vegetables, baking muffins and whipping up our French toast batter from scratch. Everything is made to order, and freshness is never compromised. we don't use heat lamps or deep fryers - we use only the finest ingredients possible for the freshest taste around.

Shoot, I never saw the French toast.

Fresh breakfast...can't go wrong.

So what did I get to eat? A little hint: I was SO happy with my choice.

I picked the Baja Turkey Burger. What you didn't know is that I have been craving a burger for a while. My meal was sensational!  The avocado and salsa...simply delightful!





Thanks for playing along...and now you know what it's like when I go out to eat...so in general I don't go out. haha.

*****

Trainer's Tip

BREAKFAST!  It truly is the most important meal of the day. Get your day started right. Start with some protein. Protein converts to energy. It'll help you get through the day.

Do not start your day with a pop tart or sugary cereal. There is nothing good about that. And that sugar crash is a bitch. :-)


Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts