Photos from 90's...ugh

Happy Monday Bleeps,

Well it took a little while, but I finally finished that book that reminded me of my college years (The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot). For the record, it's not because it took me a long time to read it. It's because I finished 3 books in between. haha. I am a Fast reader. I had a bunch come in from the library and I had to get to them. Today I had two more come in. Oh how I love summer reading!

So I had made a deal with you. I would post some pictures that I came across from college (and a little high school). They were such happy times with friends and yet so miserable personally. I hated how I looked.   I hated how I felt. It's a good thing that I had such awesome friends.

Basically, the attire was tight shorts/leggings and a big sweatshirt/tshirt. That's it. no variation.

I will apologize right now for the quality. They are pictures of pictures. I don't have a scanner, but if anyone wants to give me one I will happily accept :-)

Before we start I should remind you that I graduated high school in the early 90's...I had HAIR. There are more that I want to add, but I get emotional when I look through these pictures.

  Graduation with Grandmom Joyce, a faithful reader, and my Grandpop Tom. My Grandparents rocked the shades...so that's where I get it.


After graduation with Pop-pop and Mom-Mom.  This is one of my favorite pictures.


I am not exactly sure when this was, but that is highschool/early college hair. This is at our place in Cape May with Aunt Kathy (my future running buddy). I Loved this dress. It's cute, but it also covered everything. Notice that I wore a t shirt under it. I was very self conscious.

This was my graduation party. Big Hair! The beginning of the big shirts and tight shorts (in Syracuse colors). Grandmom Joyce and Aunt Carol are with me.

They weren't so bad. I had some cheeks, but I was fine. I just didn't feel fine.   

Now for some College pictures.

I CRIED when I saw this today. This is how I found the picture in my photo album. This is before the digital age. You couldn't see your pix until they were developed. Why did I even put this in if I hated it so much? Well okay, Jose still looked pretty cute.



This is my buddy and Woman Crush Wednesday, Kristen. She is one of the best things to come out of my Residence Life Conferences. We didn't go to College together, but we have been friends ever since. She's a big supporter of mine and I am her biggest fan. She's kicking butt in 5Ks this year. So the back story is that this is a National Conference at the University of South Carolina in May. I am in South Carolina in MAY wearing an oversized jacket.


I think this was Junior year at the University of Vermont...as that is what the mug says. Ugh...I do not like these double chin pictures.


 More pix with Kristen. She looks cute, but rule number one for me: Never take a picture from below. So not flattering.

Here she is again. This is a National Conference in Arizona. Yup...I was wearing a SWEATSHIRT IN ARIZONA in MAY!


I loved going all over and seeing the country. I even took my jacket to the Grand Canyon in Arizona in MAY!

Don't I look pretty? All dressed up for Christmas in my XXL sweatshirt and curly hair. What you don't see is that it was paired with white leggings.


This is at Virginia Tech in May with my friend Dana. This was after graduation...I was at my heaviest at the time. Luckily I moved to DC that summer and walked Everywhere.


This was at University of South Carolina. Nice little Daisy Duke shorts paired with a XXL t-shirt.

This was Very hard for me. But, part of the growing is that I need to face my past self and come to terms. I can't ignore her. She is who I was for so long. But, I can learn and move forward.


I needed to feel good so this is me today :-)  Seriously, can you believe this is over 20 years later? See, it's never too late!


Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

  1. Wow! Those are some huge changes, Jen. I'm glad you decided to get on track and be healthier. You must have a lot on your hands if you're itching for an assistant. I guess the Facebook Page for the confessions can be a handful. Anyway, I hope you're able to cope for now. Kudos to you and your healthy venture. Wishing you all the best! :)

    Mary Hughes @ Sorted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary :-) I am doing what I can :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts