Random Wednesday: Tony Stewart, Motivation, and Oreos

Happy Random Wednesday,

I forgot to mention that Miss Cassidy had a pretty sweet healthy cake. It was chocolate with a peanut butter frosting. I don't remember what exactly was in it, I will ask Cousin Kim for the recipe, but I know there was dark chocolate chips and zucchini. I know, I know it doesn't sound good. It was though.

*****

Last night I did 6 miles when I got home. It has been a while since I had a night run. Even though I am still struggling with the switch from PM to AM workouts, it appears my body has adjusted. I woke up super stiff and sore.

Today I got outside for a run this morning and I was mad tight. It took 3 miles for my legs to warm up. I got in another 4, but my hamstrings are tight. I had a flashback to my first DC race when my hamstrings were super tight. I am thinking that I may need to stop my squats program.


*****

Have you seen the new Coke promotion? Share a bottle with "Fill in the blank". They have printed out everyone's names. I found a Diet Coke with "Tony" on it...I'm saving it for the next race on 7/27 :-)



Hey Tony Stewart...Call me!

*****

Fourth of July sales were crazy. I got some items at Old Navy, and I ordered a shirt that I have wanted for a very long time.

There are 3 check boxes: 5K, 13.1 and 26.2

The first two boxes are checked...implying that I am getting ready to check the last one.



I am going to need red duct tape to check off the last one.

*****

So I've mentioned before that I am allergic to my own sweat. After a workout my back is covered in hives. Between the training and the summer heat my back is on fire every day. It is insatiably itchy.

I picked up a shower brush to help.

*****

I want chocolate.

*****

 Back in March I got myself a 26.2 sticker, key chain, and cup. I will not use them until I cross that finish line. However, I did get a headband this weekend. I will only wear it during training runs. I needed this. I needed motivation.



*****

I want an oreo.



Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts