Experimenting with Food...Yummy!

Happy Sunday Bleeps,

It's been a good weekend of food. Friday was movie night and I had offered to make a chicken dish that I had seen. I was pretty excited.

I picked up the chicken breasts, mozzarella, and tomatoes. Aunt Carol provided the basil and balsamic vinegar. She also made the sides of roasted asparagus, broccoli, and potatoes.

I grilled the chicken and brushed it with the balsamic vinegar. Then I put some fresh mozzarella, tomato slices, and fresh basil on it. I let it melt and it was ready to go.





Let me tell you, it was SO good. OMG. A flavor explosion in my mouth. It was downright delicious.

I needed that protein fix. Friday's workout had changed because of Thursday's workout. We were expecting storms all day on Thursday. I got out there as early as I could. My plan was to get in 3 miles hopefully before it started to rain. It occasionally sprinkled and it looked bad. After 3 miles I figured that I would just run until the skies open up. After 8 miles I got really hungry and the sun came out. I figured I would be out there all day so I came in.

When I woke up on Friday my knee was tender. I didn't want to aggravate it so I went to the fitness center and hit the weights. I followed up with a few miles on the bike. I needed some low impact leg work.

I wanted miles for Saturday since I missed Friday, but I have a distance day tomorrow and I didn't want to aggravate my knee any further. I got out there and it was decent out. My knee twinged on mile 2 so I knew I couldn't go longer than 5 miles. And then it got HOT on mile 3. HOT. I got 5 miles in and I was happy. I also was happy because I was wearing braids!  Woo Woo!  They were small, but there!





For the evening we were going to a local cafe to see a friend's son perform. He is a singer and on the East Coast for his brother's wedding. The cafe was cute and had a Mediterranean menu.

I started my evening with a Mimosa. HaHa. I don't usually have them so late in the day, but it felt like a good choice. Appetizers of Samplers were ordered. I had a small plate with some pita and tzatziki sauce. I also had the Dolma, which is grape leaves stuffed with zucchini and eggplant. It was delicious.

During his set I got an unsweetened iced tea. He was really good and we enjoyed the music. And I was hungry! The menu was fun. They had some printed on albums. There was more Mediterranean food, pizza, and a sweet looking BBQ chicken sandwich. That's what I wanted, but I am trying to be adventurous. My new philosophy when I am out, especially some place new, is to get something I couldn't get anywhere else or something I eat regularly. I ordered the Humm-u-Song: Vegan pesto, hummus, cucumbers, artichokes, tomatoes, and roasted red pepper on Ciabatta. It is served with a side of french fries.

I would like to say that I didn't eat them, but that's a lie. I was starving and they were the first thing that I started in on. The sandwich was delicious. I was very happy with my choice. Very happy.

There was mention afterwards of going for Frozen Custard. Gah...I can't say no to that. I pride myself on responding "No Thank You" when I have to. There are certain things that I really can't say no to. Dang it.

I made sure to get a small cup. They couldn't do a swirl of vanilla and chocolate, so I got the flavor of the day: cake batter hot fudge. O.M.G. That was Yum. Of course I would have liked a medium, but I was cool with a small.

 Experimenting can be fun!


Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts