When life gets disrupted

Hello Beautiful People!

Well it goes without saying that this past month has been a little busy. I'm slightly going crazy. I should be at full crazy by Christmas. haha. And it feels like everyone I talk to lately is feeling the same way. Workout and eating schedules are getting thrown in to turmoil.

For me the biggest problems have been the move, injuries, the Hurricane, Halloween, and travelling.  I've been fortunate enough not to get sick like others have, but it's only a matter of time. My adrenaline can only hold me for so long.

I have been taking a car load of stuff to the new place each day over the weekend for the past month (with the exception of last weekend). Because that required a lot of lifting and stairs I cut back on my upper body workouts. I also cut back on my legs workouts because of my sprained foot. I still managed to get in lots of walking, but I saw more and more days off pop up. In reality, that's fine. And a normal person could handle that. Me?  Not so much. I enjoy my days off a little too much.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my workouts. But, I do enjoy vegging out and doing nothing too. The Former Fat Girl LOVED her days off. Of course, for her they were every day. And that's what I fear. That she might get ahold of me and try to make a comeback.

So even though I have been lifting heavy bins and carrying them, I haven't been focusing on my shoulders. Remember how much I loved showing my shoulders during the marathon? Well they are still defined, but not as defined. Bah!  I have some work to do.  But, I don't want to risk hurting them until everything is moved.

Actually, I did an upper body workout last Friday and I pulled out my notebook.  It had been a month since my last official one and my weights had dropped. I had to cut back on every machine by 10-20lbs. And that's why you need to be consistant with your workouts!  It doesn't take much to start to lose it.

The injury has been a big giant PAIN! For someone like me, having a foot injury is one of the worst things for me. Since I used "walking" as my catalyst to lose the weight, having limited use of the foot is physically and emotionally draining. I couldn't get in the regular walking/running that I wanted. And unlike the knee and stress fracture injuries, using an eliptical and bike is just as painful. They are "low impact" for the others, but when it's the ankle there's little you can do.

And so this leads me to wallow. "This is it. I'm going to gain it all back. There is nothing I can do besides rest it. And the holidays are coming and that means food. Just go ahead and go buy the fat pants again. You'll never be able to lose the weight again.  You're finished."  I know this is the Former Fat Girl talking and I want to flick her in the nose. If I am smart I can do this. I know I can!

Besides the foot I have also pulled muscles in my neck and back with the move. I'm very very sore.  
I am aching for a massage, but it's pointless to get one before the move is over. Bah!  One week to go!

Okay, so the Hurricane came and went. I really could only use it for an excuse for so long.  First it was that I couldn't leave the apartment. Then it was "well I couldn't get anything done for those days so I have to skip the gym and do it all now!".  Oh, and most of my stuff was at the new place during the storm, but I did still have my free weights and barbell. I could have lifted if I really wanted to.  I could have pulled up yoga on youtube. I could have worked out. But, it was much easier to blame it on the Hurricane.

And then we had Halloween. All things considered I did better than most year, but I could have done better. There is no excuse for that. Just my pure weakness.

Then I went away this past weekend.  I had Friday off and started the day at the gym. My eating this weekend will be detailed later. There was some cheating, but there were some good choices too.  I love visiting family, but that definitely throws me off of my routine. And can we say STARBUCKS?  I had it every day this weekend...although I went with the 100 calorie tall skinny peppermint mocha.

And so yesterday was Make Amends Monday!  No time like the present to get back on track. I got back to eating right. I walked two miles at the mall at lunch and then I ran 5 miles last night at the gym. Ahhh..I was one hot sweaty mess, but it felt good. And of course that was when Gym Crush 2 decided to make his appearance for the first time since early August. BAH!  No matter. It was pizza night at the gym and I was strong enough to walk away from it. I had my single serving of whole wheat pasta and my soy chicken pattie. Oh and don't forget my greenbeans.

I still have to get through this week for the move, but I am going to do it by golly! 

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

PS - I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Comments

Popular Posts