I'm Baaaaaaaack!

What a week it has been Bleeps!

Much has happened since my last post. I would be up all night if I gave a recap on everything. I'll give the cliff notes version tonight and go in to detail later.

Let's see...last Thursday we had our make up Book Club discussion. We finally discussed the Stephen King novel. Lots of good tasty treats.

Friday was move day. It got moved up a day. So I took a half day then came home and finished packing and cleaning. The original plan was to pick up dinner after we arrived, but we didn't get there until after 9pm.  I pulled over to Wawa on the way for a chicken wrap and a snack of grapes and cheese.

Since we moved Move Day we also lost our help. So it was just myself and my buddy Mike. I had my car loaded before he arrived, but we still needed to load his truck with my bed and dresser. I started to have a minor anxiety attack before he got there that we would not be able to carry the dresser down the stair and lift it into his truck.

I need not worry. It was awkward carrying it down the stairs, but it was remarkably easy to carry it and lift it in to the truck. Just call me Muscles!  Of course that was only half of the trip. We still had to carry it in the house and up the stairs of the new place. Piece of cake!

Saturday morning I woke up and finished reading the next book club book. ahhh...I love my Saturday mornings laying in bed and reading. But, in all fairness, I was sooooooo sore from Friday that I could hardly move.

But I had to get up soon because it was a big day. We were finally having our Elementary School Reunion.  I've mentioned it before, but I cannot stress how close we were with each other. Our parents worked at the school. It was a teaching school so we were with each other all of the time. It really sucked when we moved and eventually lost touch with everyone. We hadn't seen most of these people in 25 years.

I made it a point to bring a pile of pictures from those days. I had intended to put it all in a scrapbook before the reunion, but I ran out of time. It was okay though, it was fun to sort through the piles of pictures. For the record, I was the queen of white knee socks and short shorts. haha. Of course that was back in the skinny days.

Sunday I had church and then choir practice. Then I had to go back to the apartment for the last of my things. I filled my car and then went straight to Bed Bath and Beyond. I desperately needed to get one of the homedic massagers for my back. I hurt soooooo much. Then it was time for lunch before another quick stop at Target for some groceries. Although I'm not sure how I fit any of it in my already full car.

On my way to the new place I talked to mom and she hadn't left to go home yet so we met up at Starbucks and then went to Saladworks for dinner. I didn't get home until 5:30. And then I still had to unload my car.

Okay, so what's the point of all of this?  I had not been to the gym since Wednesday. But, I was constantly moving.  I went up about a billion stairs and I lifted things all day long.  The former fat girl would never have been able to do all of this. She just plain would not have had the energy. Now, I didn't always make the best food choices this weekend, but it's time to make amends. I went to the gym tonight (the old gym...no gym crushes though :-(  I needed to get in a good run. I have been very lax in that lately and the Rehoboth Half Marathon is less than a month away. I tried running, but in all honesty, I should have taken the night off. My body is beyond exhausted. So tomorrow I am coming home after work.

The good news is that neither of my feet bothered me during my walk/run.  The bad news is that my shoulder has been sore for a week now. And this move did not help. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off.  And on that note, I need to go so that I can use the massager on it.

I will go into greater detail this week, but I didn't want you to think that I forgot about you.   I have missed you more than you will ever know.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

PS - I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Comments

Popular Posts