Happy Halloween...5 days later

What day is it Bleeps?

Oh I am so sorry for taking so long between posts. I knew things were going to get hectic this past month, but I never wanted my workouts and posts to suffer. It didn't quite work out that way though.  Only one more week until the move is over and hopefully things will calm down...and then comes the Holidays. BAH!

So I have a lot to catch up on.  It's going to take a few posts to do that. So let's go back to Halloween.

Once again I took the afternoon off from work. My Halloween tradition is to dress up and hand out candy with my friend's husband (in the decked out garage) while she takes the kids Trick'or'Treating. We order inside-out pizzas for dinner and sneak pieces of candy all night long.

My first stop after work was to go to Target. I needed to pick up some groceries, hair color, and extra candy to give out (reeces peanut butter cups).  In the spirit of Halloween I picked up some pumpkin ravioli for lunch.

I had been cooped up for days because of the storm so I used my time off to do as much as I could. I had considered going to the gym, but I had things to do. Library. Color my hair. Get hair cut. Drop off at Good Will. And then it was time to head over for dinner.

I knew I was in trouble when my stomach was grumbling on the way over. I had lived on Chicken, green beans, and peanut butter sandwiches during the storm. I was hungry.  I had no snacks in the house because I knew I would have eaten them all.  I had even considered stopping at Starbucks on my way over, but then I thought about the candy I would probably consume and that felt like a dumb idea.

So I arrived with my crystal light (and hot chocolate).  I ate my one inside out pizza. That may not sound good, but I used to eat two so this is a victory.  I split a mozzarella stick with my Godson and had a couple fries. This was a planned cheat day.

I had brought my costume to change into, but dang it it was cold. I put it on and stepped outside for a full 3 minutes before I came running back inside to change back into my jeans and sweatshirt.  This turned out to be good. I also put on my gloves.  The gloves made sneaking pieces of candy very difficult. It was very hard to open the wrapper with gloves on. I only had 4 pieces of candy and one oreo.  This was a huge victory for me. Of course I also came home with a small bag of candy, but I am happy to report that is is now 5 days later and there is still candy left! Go me!

So let's go back to the Reeces Peanut Butter Cups (my FAVORITE!).  Did you know that one of the medium cups is 100 calories?  ONE!  I used to eat them like they were popcorn.  I could have easily eaten 1000 calories in one sitting.  Why wasn't the Former Fat Girl looking at calories?  Well in all honesty, she did NOT want to know.

I was a little pissed at myself for not going to the gym, but I made sure to get my butt there the next night.  I didn't quite burn off the calories that I consumed on Halloween, but again, it's only a fraction of what I used to eat...baby steps!  One year I will give out baby carrots! 

Have a Blessed Night my Friends.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts