Turkey Day Temptations



Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.  I did.

Thursday morning I woke up at left the house at 6 to meet my friend Brian at the boardwalk for Sunrise.  It was HARD to get up, but well worth it.  It was a little cloudy at first and mighty cold my friends.  But 10 minutes after the  sunrise was expected it poked through above the haze and did not disappoint.  Now for past Sunrise Club moments the family hung out on the deck bundled up drinking hot chocolate.  For this Sunrise club we got mobile. We walked down the board walk as the sun rose.  It was gorgeous.  However, when we reached the end of the boardwalk it was suddenly clear that when we turned around we would have the wind in our face. BRRRRRR.  I had brought a blanket to wrap around me and it felt like I was wearing a 30lb cape for that half mile back.

I am happy to say that there were lots of people out there that morning walking and enjoying the beautiful sunrise...ahhh.

It was cold so we walked down to Dunkin Donuts for some hot chocolate. YUM.  I wanted a bagel or an egg sandwich, but I stuck to my protein bar. And that was fine because when I came home my dad had made breakfast.  So I had some eggs, sausage (the secret spicy kind that brings tears to your eyes 30 seconds after you eat it), and some hashbrowns.  And then a little while later it was nap time.

I woke up from my nap a little before dinner. So when I came down stairs I was informed that I was to sit at the kids table. That's okay. I'm used to it. But, this wasn't actually a table. We were sitting at the bar overlooking the kitchen counter...you know the counter with all of the food. BAH!  But, the kids table had the smaller plates. And that worked with my "Use the smaller plate" rule. So I filled my small plate and sat down to eat. I only got up for seconds once and then parked my butt on that chair until the food was removed. I am happy to report that I never entered the Too Stuffed phase of Thanksgiving dinner. A little while later it was time for dessert. I had one serving of apple crumble with vanilla ice cream.

We were sitting around talking for a while and I heard some great stories. My abs hurt from all of the laughing.  I won't divulge too much information and I won't name names.  I will just say that a neighbor's mom was there and told us how back in the day she and a friend created new identities for the summer. She was Veronica Winter and her friend was Victoria Summer. I was practically rolling on the floor for that one.  And then she told use how she had a pen pal...in prison!  Okay, it was a detention center, but it sounds better when we say prison.  Go Grandma!

So after dessert the groups divided. There was Football in the living room and Magic Mike in the other room. I pulled out my knitting and hunkered down for some football....for about 30 minutes and then I passed out. I didn't even have that much turkey!  I have to remember that I was still sick.

Friday morning I woke up after another long night of sleep. I just wanted to stay in bed for hours, but I got my butt up and put on my workout clothes. It was a gorgeous day and instead of going to the gym, I decided to walk the neighborhood. Would I try to run? Probably not. I wasn't feeling it.

So I got to walking and got lost in my thoughts. After 30 minutes I thought "maybe I could run a little". So I pulled over to take off my sweatshirt and refill my water bottle. Then I took off.  I had to watch my pace because the speed limit was 22mph. haha. "This is great, I'm feeling good.  I can do this." And then WHAM!  I turn the corner and the wind came in my mouth and up my nose and my lungs started to burn. DOH!  I have to remember that I'm still wheezing a bit. I lasted 7 minutes.  I HURT. And all I was thinking was that I was way across the development from my dad's place with no phone.  I would be crawling back.  But, I just slowed it down.

I wanted to get in a good long distance training before the Half, but my lungs kicked my butt. So I only got 6 in. Oh well, that's better than nothing.

Later in the afternoon and went over to Ms. Cheryl's and picked up her daughter to go to Starbucks. If anyone needed caffeine it was me. When we walked in they had samples of the gingerbread frappacino. OH holy heck that was some delicious goodness!  So we got some grandes....and another sample to go.

Then it was time for the movies. I went to see Skyfall with my dad, brother-in-law, and nephew. I just got a diet green tea. YEAH!  No soda for me. We sat down and I wasn't sure if I would like the movie. I can't remember the last James Bond movie that I saw, but I know that it has gotten rave reviews.  Um...Hello!  Daniel Craig is one buff hottie!  Forget the Bond girls...there are PLENTY of shirtless Bond moments.  Dude looks amazing!  I felt fat just sitting there.  I wanted to climb into the center aisle and just drop down for some pushups in the middle of the movie.

After the movie we went out to dinner. It was my place that makes fantastic burgers. I had to!  Felt a little guilty, okay a lot guilty.  This is why I write this blog.  I hate when I have to tell you about my multiple days of bad decisions, but man can you imagine if I didn't do that?  Goodness only knows what I would be eating.

I went to bed early because this morning was the Huff, Puff, and Race for Pumpkin Pie 5K.

So while my food choices weren't the greatest this week, I didn't over do it or do a lot of snacking. Plus I made sure to be very active. I'll have to take the bad with the good.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts