5 hours is not a nap...it's a coma

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I am back to join the living!  I told you I wasn't feeling too well on Tuesday, well yesterday I really was feeling out of it when I got to work. I couldn't function and actually felt like my brain was melting. 

I left work at lunch time. I needed to pick up a book for book club that came in at the library and close to the library is chick fil-a. They have their peppermint chocolate chip milkshake right now and NOTHING would feel better on my throat.  So I went through the drive thru and got a large and a small order of chicken nuggets. I broke my rule, but I still had a 45 minute drive home and I needed to eat something.  The shake did not last long.  It was gone in 10 minutes. But, OH how good it was.

I came home and put a dvd in.  It was around 2pm. The next thing I know I am waking up and it is 7pm. What the?  I thought I just needed a little nap.  5 hours is not a little nap. Well I needed to have something to eat, but my belly was not feeling great because of all of the mucus swirling around in there (I know it's gross).  So I just had a peanut butter sandwich.  I went back up to bed and put in another dvd. The next thing I know it is time to get up in the morning. I slept for 17 hours. WOW. I would say I was definitely fighting off some sort of sickness.

So here's the thing. I barely ate, but I also barely drank water. Little Miss Pee's Every Hour has barely had to pee in the last 48 hours. I am dehydrated on top of everything else. Bah!

I felt much better today, but physically I was pretty weak. It took a lot of energy just to walk into the kitchen to get water. The good news is that I have slowly been hydrating myself and I have peed several times today.  The bad news is that thre is a big bowl of candy just sitting in the kitchen...and a new pan of homemade brownies.  I would be lying if I said that I didn't hit the bowl of candy. There were a couple milk duds consumed. I don't know what it is when I am sick, but I always want chocolate.  I am wondering if it's that the taste of chocolate covers the icky sicky taste.  I have not touched the brownies yet, but I'm not ruling it out.

For me not to be active (even just walking around the house) is very hard. It's very easy to fall in to a lazy day. And that is fine.  Everyone deserves one. I just always worry that one will multiple.  I have watched more day tv in the past two weeks thanks to the Hurricane and being sick. A lot of shows that I like come on in the 5-7o'clock range. However, that's gym time. I can't get sucked back in to it.

Tonight was supposed to be my first night back with Gym Buddy Lisa at the new gym and I missed the chance to see Gym Crush 1 last night at the gym :-(  Oh well, I'll try again.

I need rest completely. I need to get in some long distance training this weekend and I have to be in good shape for it. The Race is only 3 weeks away. Let's hope that I can suck it up and get healthy.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

PS - I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Comments

Popular Posts