Beach, Boardwalk, and Pizza

Happy Day Before Thanksgiving Bleeps!

Well it was a beautiful day. I had the day off and it was just delightful. I had originally hoped to meet up with my cousin, who is home from college, for breakfast or Starbucks before I got on the road. She was unable to meet me. On to Plan B. Quick pack and get on the road.

I made plans to meet my friend Brian, who is in from Montana, for lunch at the beach. I haven't seen him in a couple of years. Boy went down for a power nap during my drive and so I just pulled in to Starbucks and read while I waited for him to wake up.

Soon we decided to meet on the boardwalk and go for pizza. Argh!  It's the day before Thanksgiving and I'm having pizza!   Not that this excuses it, but we planned on walking afterwards.  And walk we did. We walked around the boardwalk and the shops for a couple of hours. Sometimes it was straight walking and sometimes it was sauntering through some stores.  But, we were moving. Makes me feel a little less guilty about my choices.

One of the stores we walked in was a chocolate store...mmm...chocolate. They had little chocolate turkeys for the holiday. There was also a wall of jelly beans and a table of fudge. I was strong and didn't get anything. YEAH! GO me! It was chilly though so we did indulge in some hot chocolate.

We walked up to the Running Company store and I saw the poster for the Half marathon for next week. YEAH! There's my Thanksgiving incentive.

So the fun thing is that Brian and I will be doing a 5K on Saturday morning. I'm excited!  I have known him for many years, and our friendship never really included health and fitness activities. He competed in his first Half Marathon this year and we've discussed traveling to someplace cool to do one together.

I'm even more excited because he has recruited a bunch of members from his family to participate on Saturday. YEAH!  The family that walks together lives together :-)

I'm sad that I am not in the Outberbanks for Thanksgiving this year, but I am still at the beach. And if you followed my blog back then, you know that my family had the Sunrise Club. Every morning we would get up and go sit on the deck with hot chocolate and blankets. We would watch the sunrise over the ocean. Well, I'm still going to do it. I convinced Brian to meet me at the boardwalk in the morning for sunrise and then we are going to walk for a couple of miles. I can't think of a better way to start off Thanksgiving.

And on that note, I need to go to bed. Sunrise is coming soon.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

PS - I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts