It was supposed to get easier after the move...

Happy Sunday Bleeps!

So life was supposed to get easier once the move was over. haha. I've barely been home the past two weekends. But it's okay. Lots of good stuff happening.

Friday was a good and a sad day.  I still wasn't feeling 100%, but I had to get my butt into the office. It was the last day for a gentleman that I have worked with for 5+ years. I had plans to go out to lunch with him and another of our work buddies. I asked where he wanted to go and his first suggestion was Hooters. NOT FUNNY TOM!  But, then he got wise and suggested Baja Fresh. You seriously never have to ask me twice. I'm in!

My belly felt like it was the size of a pea after barely eating for two days so I was not eager to get anything big.  My head wanted to get a naked salad, but that would have been too much food and just a waste. So I opted for two plain chicken soft tacos...and my side of chips/salsa.

Before I left work for the day plans were made to meet my usual Friday night crew for dinner. It would going back in the direction of the old place, but it would be worth it. They originally picked Q'doba, but then changed it to Mesa Grill. I sat in sooooo much traffic that I was ready to eat my car by the time I got there. The only problem is that I didn't see two mexican meals as a good option. And then my twisted brain got involved. This place also sells burgers. And for some reason, the first thing I always crave when I am feeling better after being sick is a big juicy burger.  So I got one...with fries.

Now, it was not the healthiest of days, but after the day before, I needed some calories. A horrible justification I know, but that's how my brain works.

Saturday I really wanted to sleep in. I had planned on going to the park for a walk and then I needed to unpack. But, former work husband was going to be in the area sort of and wanted to meet for breakfast. I hadn't seen him since August so I hauled my butt out of bed early and headed back towards the old place...yet again. I should mention that it's 45 minutes away.  Since I was going to be in the area I decided to go to the gym for my long distance training. I had hoped for at least 2 hours originally. That was before I got sick. I wasn't even sure I was going to make it after 30 minutes. My legs were sore. My breathing was horrible. I stupidly wanted to see if I could run. I could not.

There is no way I will be able to run any of the Half.  Let's think about what the past couple of months have included: Stress Fracture, Sprained ankle, half of the gym time as usual, super killer nano virus...My body doesn't have it in me. I COULD push it, but that's stupid. I have to drive to Florida for Christmas. I need to have use of my feet.  I have had a total of 2 training days since May that my feet haven't been a problem. They aren't good odds. Once again I will just kick back and enjoy the time alone with my brain.

I did get some unpacking done last night. YEAH!  And then I had to head back towards the old place again this morning because choir was singing in church today. If we weren't, I would have gone to a church closer to the new place.  But, the plan was to hit the old gym with gym buddy Lisa after church. The problem: all of the singing (practice, church service, and then another practice) was hell on my lungs. I had nothing in me. It's pretty bad when singing keeps you from the gym.

So I decided to stop for some vegetable soup on my way home. They were out, but I got a tomato soup instead. YUM. Then I needed to stop and pick up some groceries for the next couple of days. I would then have about an hour at home to do a little more unpacking and vacuum before heading out to meet a friend at Starbucks. Today was the last day for the buy one holiday drink get the second free from 2-5pm. I got my tall skinny peppermint mocha...YUM....of course I also got it at 4pm so I will be up all night now. But, we spent 3+ hours sitting and talking. We hadn't seen each other since August. 

So I got home a couple of hours ago. I have so much to do and I'm going to be gone for 5 days during Thanksgiving, but I'm exhausted and I don't want to get sick again.  So I am watching the Ravens game and doing my nails tonight. ahhh...Maybe someday I will be able to relax. Although the good news is that while we were at Starbucks we planned some study dates. YEAH!  I can start studying again!

Before I go I just want to make one last plea to Tony Stewart to CALL ME! The season ended today.  I hope he enjoys his off season.  Please note that I will be standing by waiting for that call.  Can't wait 3 months until Daytona!

 ****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts