Hurricanes, Tornado warnings, and Floods...it's been a fun week

Happy Monday Bleeps!

Wow, okay so I got some rest...but, I also had a pretty busy week. I'm way behind on posts. Sorry about that.

On Wednesday I got some studying in. YEAH!  I took the day off from work to study. Otherwise I knew I would resent my vacation if I didn't get to study during it. I gave myself an incentive. If I could finish my chapter I could go have dinner with the nephew...oh like I'm going to pass that up.

So I studied at the library, went out to lunch, then headed to Starbucks to finish studying.  I did it! That meant that I could go see nephew.  I stayed a little later than I had planned and still had to pack and do some laundry when I got home. 

Day two of my vacation I was once again up early. But, I had to get on the road. I was picking up Grandmom and then heading down to my mom's where we would get more time with nephew. We had hoped to go to the pool for the day, but the hurricane making it's way up the coast was having none of that.

The next day after they left to go back to Florida I pulled out my study books and got an hour in before I fell into a coma. It was a good time.

Saturday morning I woke up and went straight to the fitness center. I wanted to go for a run on the paths around the lake, but it was still pretty wet out there. I settled for the treadmill...facing the beige wall. It actually made me a little nauseous. Without anything to focus on I had a really hard time...plus the lady on the elliptical next to me used a hundred lysol wipes on the machine and was making me gag.

I wanted more. I needed more. I was feeling very lazy (although my nephew weights 18lbs and I used him as my weights all week). But, physically I was ready to throw up from the focus and smell. Plus I got a text to meet some friends for lunch so I had to go shower.

That night I studied a little more when I got home. We had planned on watching a movie. And I really wanted to. But, I decided to study more that night. I needed the studying more than I needed the laughing. I finished reading the chapter. Go me!

I had hoped to get to the fitness center on Sunday, but I got up for the early Church service and then we went shopping before it was time to pack up and head home. Once again, I needed the workout, but OH how I needed to get to Church more. I love this church and am never disappointed. Honestly, I love it so much I would almost consider moving just to go there every week.

I cry a lot in Church and I was feeling so lost and unhinged that I knew it would be super emotional for me so I packed tissues. I lost it once. They were presenting a gift to the graduates and talking about God being there during every transition in life.  I was thinking about the changes that will be coming in my life and well...I got very sappy.

So needless to say I was desperate for a workout tonight. I was all prepared for a good run. But, there were two problems: 1) my knees have been sore all week...thank you very much storm pressure...argh 2) tornado warnings and flood watches. I had planned on going to the gym and just putting in a quick run while the traffic died down, but I got some texts that I should leave work early and head home. The flooding was bad and I have a long drive.   And so I did. I had hoped to get in some upper body weights, but I decided that this was God's way of giving me another study night. So I took it.  But, tomorrow I run!

I hate that I didn't get my workouts in. Hate it. But, oh man did I need this decompress time. I only got on the computer a couple of times and honestly, it got to the point where I couldn't remember what day it was...they were blending together. It was nice. I gave my body and brain the physical rests they needed, but now it's time to get back to work.

There is so much more to tell you about. I want to share my food choices and my shopping adventures...hopefully tomorrow will be a good night for blogging.

Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13



*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973 

Comments

Popular Posts