Hot and Humid Random Wednesday

Happy Hot and Humid Random Wednesday!

I need a Happy Hour! Last week we were talking about how long it has been since we had a team Happy Hour. I've been on the team for over a year and I haven't been to one so that oughta tell you it's been a while.  So I sent out an email to find out what day of the week is best for everyone. Then I sent out the selected date, but requested suggestions for location.

That's when it just got all sorts of cray cray. One suggestion was Plaza Azteca so that we could partake in Margaritas with chips and guacamole. Oh hello!  Another suggestion was Rock Bottom at the mall...home of my soft pretzel appetizer that I heart so much.

Basically, who cares what we are drinking...what the heck do they have for food???

*****
So yesterday Ms. Tracey and I went to the mall to walk at lunch. It was hot and humid out so we decided to go to the mall instead. We like the air conditioning as an option.

Um...we only made it through 3.5 loops...and I had sweaty pit stains. Come on!  eew.

It was still better than sitting still.

*****

Did you hear the news?  Twinkies should be back on the shelves around July 15.

I gotta say, I did enjoy a good Twinkie back in the day, but it was never my favorite. I preferred the Little Debbie Swiss Roll. And yes, I would unroll it and lick the cream off before eating the chocolate coated cake.

*****

Okay, so where do we stand on guys wearing headbands at the gym? Now I'm not talking sweatbands. I'm talking thin elastic bands that pull their hair off of their forehead. David Beckham, Tom Brady, and Mark Sanchez have all sported them.

Well there is a potential new Gym Crush, but I am undecided if this is hot or not.

The funny thing is that Monday I counted 2 more guys wearing them. It's a headband epidemic!

*****

Today I saw an article about a woman who has only drank soda since she was 15. She has only drank soda for 16 years. Guess what! She ended up in the hospital. Her heartbeat was irregular and her potassium was dangerously low.

I am pretty sure I could beat her 16 year record. possibly double it. :-(

Never too late to make a change!
*****

Today I attended a Webinar regarding Cholesterol. There was a slide on Unhealthy Trans Fatty Acids. The picture on the slide was of loaded potato skins with a side of sour cream. It was very distracting. And seriously, the dangers that she was talking about meant nothing. In that moment, if you put a potato skin in front of me I would have devoured it.
*****

Last night I ate my last piece of birthday cake while my dinner was heating in the microwave. It was a stressful day.

*****

Today was Breakfast Club day. It was and egg scramble with potato, cheese, and sausage in a biscuit. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are down to just 12 people in the club. I know of 3 who are out today. 1 is vegetarian and gets her own special dish skipping the sausage. So that means 8 people to share. I took a fairly small portion, but in my head I am screaming that I could take more. I waited it out and let my belly realize it was full. So I didn't go back for more.

I did suffer heartburn all afternoon from the meat though. Argh.

*****

So I suspect another stress fracture in my foot...argh...


Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts