So random it's snowing in March!

Happy Random Wednesday Everyone!

So how about that weather?  I think Mother Nature has a sense of humor...although I don't think it's very funny right now. haha. Do you remember last year? We had such a nice Spring...sigh...

Okay well first off, my brain broke today. I don't know what happened. Too much training. Too much reporting at work. Too much studying. Whatever it was I got very turned around so goodness only knows how this post is going to turn out.

*****

So last night I had my last long distance run before next weekend's race. I was happy to get to the gym while it was still daylight.  I get to look out of the window instead of at my reflection when it's light out.

I've mentioned the strange parking lot before. Well the equipment faces the front of the building. There are only about 10 spots there. I watched a lady go to her car and another car stop and wait for her spot. And wait. And wait. Seriously, I counted 17 cars that passed him as he waited. He literally could have parked and been inside while he was waiting. She turned and waved him on. Ten minutes later her daughter came out and joined her.

So um..you're going to the gym, but you can't be bothered to walk extra steps in the parking lot? The weather was not that bad.
 
*****

We have a new food system at work. They have removed the vending machines. And in it's place is little area that looks like a convenient mart. There are refrigerators with drinks and food. There are baskets of fruit. There are shelves with chips and cookies. You get your card and it's like a self checkout at the grocery store.

There are good things and bad things about this. I'll start with the good.

Good: Healthy options. Fruit. Greek yogurt. Protein bars. Dried fruit. Nuts. Nice salads. Good option if it's not a good day to go out. You can look at the labels before purchasing.

Bad: Some not so healthy options. Candy. Sodas. Ice cream. Yep, not super thrilled to know that ice cream is just a few steps away (but happy that bananas are!)

I've been able to stay away from the vending machines when I didn't have change. Now I can put the money on my card and have that...but that's not always a good thing.

I wish I could put blinders on and only go to the stuff that I want. Ms Tracey and I were talking about how different it is when the temptations are behind the glass and when they are within reach.

*****
 
Now that we are in March I am charged with what my new healthy meals for the month are. I am still behind on the spaghetti squash (although it will happen this weekend by golly!).  So I am thinking outside of the box. Instead of a meal, I want to learn how to make fresh guacamole and hummus. I heart them so much so let's see how I do.
 
Oh and speaking of guacamole...Heather sent me a link for avocado brownies...oh I kid you not. My first reaction was EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...it looked like a brownie with a guacamole frosting, but as I read further it actually has avocado in the brownie too. I'm a little intrigued...and a whole lot grossed out by myself.
 
*****

This is one of those weeks that if I had something at home to snack on...well it would be gone. Remember: If you buy it, you will eat it!

*****
I know I owe you guys a playlist post, but here's the top ten list that was emailed to me.  I haven't had time to check them out, so let me know what you think.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Flux Pavilion & Childish Gambino - Do or Die - 145 BPM
Cee Lo Green & Lauriana Mae - Only You - 110 BPM
Baauer- Harlem Shake - 140 BPM
DJ Pauly D & Jay Sean - Back to Love - 128 BPM
Olly Murs & Flo Rida - Troublemaker - 108 BPM
Bignic - Down - 124 BPM
ASAP Rocky, Skrillex & Birdy Nam Nam - Wild for the Night - 70 BPM
Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) - 77 BPM
Will.I.Am, Britney Spears, Hit-Boy, Waka Flocka Flame, Lil Wayne, Nelly & Diddy - Scream & Shout (Remix) - 130 BPM
Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child (Promise Land Remix) - 129 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

*****
 
News seen while on the treadmill: Did you hear about the rats in Iran? There is a particular species of rat that can grow to the size of a cat and is extremely aggressive. They are rampant all over the capital and appear to be arriving via cargo ships. Sharpshooters are being employed to exterminate them.
 
Um...does anyone else think of Princess Bride (Best movie EVER!) R.O.U.S? Rodents of Unusual Size. Seriously, I almost fell off the treadmill.
 
Note to self: Stay out of Iran.
 
*****

Don't forget that this weekend is Daylight Savings. Set your clocks ahead before you go to bed Saturday night. It means SUNGLASSES on the ride home!

*****

Have a Blessed Night.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts