Ready to date?

Happy Thursday Beautiful People,

This morning as I was driving to work I heard one of my favorite love songs.  Now I have a long commute and I usually like upbeat music that makes me move for my ride in.  It takes a lot to wake me up. But, I love this song so I listened to it: "Amazed" by Lonestar. It made me wistful.

I miss having the dreamly lovey dovey feeling over someone. Gym crushes are nice, but they are just that. I miss the butterflies. I miss the smiles.  I miss the giggles.  I miss the anticipation. I miss having someone to think about during these songs.  Does this mean I'm ready to start dating again? My head and my heart are seriously disagreeing on this.

Heart: YES 

Brain: NO!! Get Certified and then date all you want!  We don't have time right now.

Heart: Just a little fun, we deserve this.

Brain: Do not lose focus!

Heart: Come on...just ONE!

Brain: It's like pringles, you can't stop at one!

Heart: Mmm...did you just say pringles?

Brain: See you are already losing focus.  Think about the food. If you date right now you will stress about eating.

Heart: I can make it my cheat day!

Brain: NO!

Heart: But I wanna!

Brain: And what if you fall for some guy and he breaks your heart?  Are you strong enough to handle that? Are you willing to risk all of your progress?

Heart: I might be okay.

Brain: Might ain't good enough. We have worked so hard.  Let's just get certified and then you can date all over the place.

Heart: I want to be courted.

Brain: See, that's more than just dating. NO TIME!

Heart: But what if I find a guy that will workout with me and help me study?  Can I date him?

Brain: Where are you going to find him?

Heart: I don't know, I haven't gotten that far yet. One step at a time.

Brain: Fine, if you find him and he respects your food choices and woos you then you can date him!

Heart: WOO WOO!!!

So there you have it Universe...if you want me to start dating my head and heart have agreed somewhat...so if you have someone in mind I can make the time for him.

*****

And on that note, here is a recap of an email conversation with Heather yesterday:

Heather: What's the link for this weekend's 5K?

Me: Here ya go.

Heather: Got it. Signed up :-)

Me: Sweet! Let's take lots of pictures of the Cherry Blossoms and Find Me a Man!

Heather: LMAO

Me: But preferably not one dressed up in a bunny costume.

hahahaha

*****

Alright kids, less than 5 minutes to go in the Syracuse game. It's time to focus. Happy March Madness everyone!

Have a Blessed Night.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts