Random Wednesday: Underwear, Rain, and Girl Scout Cookies

Woo Woo for Random Wednesday!

Okay, I'm sorry, but this is going to be a short one. I need to finish my packing. I'm leaving straight from work tomorrow to head to Virginia so I have to get moving.

*****

I'm excited to tell you that I finally made my spaghetti squash on Sunday. It was yummy. I did practically need a chainsaw to cut it and I don't think I baked it quite long enough, but it was still good. And stinkin COOL to pull apart. I know the name is 'Spaghetti' squash, but I didn't actually believe it. The next time I will brush it with olive oil and some seasoning while it bakes.

*****

Confession: It's been a stressful week. I stopped at Walmart to return something and pick up some oatmeal. And while I was at the check out I grabbed a Three Musketeer. I ate it in the car. SO mad at myself!

*****

So on Saturday when I hit my wall I had to get my emergency bag out of my trunk. I've kept it there ever since I had that nasty fall two summers ago. I just keep an old pair of glasses, contact container and solution, toothbrush and toothpaste, and a pair of underwear in the bag. Well I got out the underwear after my shower and well...they were way too big. YEAH!  That's a good feeling.

They have been replaced in the emergency bag by a smaller pair.

*****

Well we are within the weather window and I'm getting slightly nervous. It getting warmer...and wetter!  It started as partly cloudy and in the 50's. Now it's looking like it's going to be it the mid 60's...yeah...and showering...NOOOOOOO.  60's would be great with the sun...but, it will be cold and wet. BAH!  I am freaking out about what to wear. I have to wear my Run for Autism shirt and that's sleeveless. So do I have something to wear underneath it?  What about my head? I have packed a hat to wear. What if I wear a long sleeve shirt and then the sun comes out?  I can't take it off in the middle of the race. I have a throw away shirt packed, but if it's raining then I will just be wearing a wet shirt. Bah!

And let's face it...I'm a little worried about the tutu.
*****

Today was a planned rest day. That meant that I could wear fancy underwear today. haha.
I can't wear anything fun when I workout because it rides up. Just sayin.  Well it's been a while since I wore this pair and DANG my butt looks nice in it!  I'm almost there!

*****

I have a secret to share. No, Tony Stewart did not call...YET!

I have been kicking around trying a Vegetarian diet for a while. And frankly, every health program I attend basically reinforces the idea. So I decided to try it on week days. I can splurge on chicken and turkey on the weekends.

I have done it!  Last week was my first full week and so far I've made it 3 days this week. I'm pretty proud of myself. And my food has been fantastic!

*****

Speaking of health programs, I know that I still owe you a post on the Smart Heart program that I attended last month. Yesterday was the Blood Pressure program. I took lots of notes. I will post them both soon.  I will have lots more time when Biggest Loser is over. haha.


*****

So proud to say I continue to get pledges or my Run for Autism. My total is over $700 now!  I have the best friends and family!

*****
 There are two boxes of my FAVORITE Girl Scout cookies on the counter downstairs. They are not mine and I have not snuck any bites. Ultimate willpower my friends!

*****

Okay, I have to finish packing and then get on my knees and start praying for a sunny Saturday...


Have a Blessed Night my friends.

Don't forget my Fundraising for Autism Research:

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA13


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts