Race Weekend: Support and Motivation

Happy Monday My Friends,

Obviously I have a lot to share with you, but The Biggest Loser finale is on in a little while...and well I think we all know that I need to focus and take notes. :-)  I promise a more detailed post to come.


The race was great. Once again I didn't follow my race plan, but that's okay. I finished. I finished strong and I've improved my time from my first Half marathon by almost 30 minutes. And please, you know I stopped and took pictures so if I actually focused it would be even better.

I don't like to put my times in here because I don't want to discourage anyone or have people get competitive with me. I compete in these races for me and to challenge myself. If I beat my past time that's great. If I didn't, then it's okay too as long as I gave it my all and never gave up.  Because that's what this journey is all about.

Aunt Kathy and I had not trained together and we did not have the same pace at all.  But, we stuck together. We helped each other. I paced her down so that she wouldn't burn out early and injure herself. And she pushed me to not slow down.

Before the race started she had injured her back. There were several trips to the chiropractor and a lot of ice.  We had committed to stick with each other, but she made me promise that if she was hurt and would get a ride to the finish line with a medic I was to go on without her.

I'm happy to say that we started together and we finished together. There were some really great moments and some challenging moments, but we did it together.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my family for all of their support. We had five people at the finish line screaming for us and cheering us on. That support means the world to me. And yes, there were lots of tears shed after the race.


So the support was there, but so was my motivation. I looked like a hot mess with my colorful outfit, but I wore that Run for Autism shirt proudly. I was excited to come across someone else from my team along the course.  There were 23 of us in a sea of 30,000.

We decided that a good place to meet the family after the race would be to meet at the Run for Autism tent in charity village. I got to meet a few other teammates, get some more food, and get my medal.  That was fun.  Usually at the finish line they just hand them to you. I felt like I was on an Olympic stage when the coordinator put it around my neck. And then of course we had to do it over again because my aunt missed it to take a picture. haha. I did not mind a re-do.

I didn't think I needed that motivation. I have the Half Marathon bug.  But, I also have a lot going on so having that motivation of raising money and finishing strong helped me focus.  And I know that my family loves me. And it's not that they weren't supportive before, it's that I wasn't vocal about my dreams and desires before. And now...well I don't really shut up about it. haha. And just so that we are clear, this is just the beginning! I am not even close to being done yet.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts