Random Wednesday: Oreos, Fairies, and Kim Kardashian

Happy Random Wednesday! And random it is...

Okay so I have been meaning to bring this up for months, but I keep forgetting.  So you know how I am obsessive about time? Well I have now gone a couple of months without wearing my watch. Basically, I take my jewelry off before I go to the gym and in the mornings I am running out the door. So I would remember to put my watch on in the car and then one day I just forgot. And I haven't put it on since. Now it's not as crazy as it sounds since my phone has the time, but I am not obsessively looking at my watch.  This is a good thing :-)

*****

My name is Jennie and I like cheesy Hallmark channel movies. I do. I don't come running home for them or adjust my schedule for them, but if I find a nice big cheesy one on and I am available I will watch it. And that's what happened on Saturday morning. Just Desserts came on. It was a romantic comedy involving a dessert baking competition. I am not sure if I watched it because of the cheesy love story or because of the desserts...all I know is that I craved a cupcake the whole time. Oh who am I kidding, I craved the whole cake.

*****

I'm a little out of it when it comes to what's in in fashion. I'm all over jeans and sweatshirts basically.  Have to say though, that I'm not a super fan of low rise. They just put the belly right up there don't they...bah. Well I found out yesterday from Ms. Kerri that high waisted jeans are coming back. THANK GOODNESS!

*****

So after I slept in on Saturday and then watched that delicious cheesy movie, I hunkered down to study. It was such a beautiful day though and we hadn't had them in so long. I wanted to go outside and play. I at least wanted to frolic a little.

I asked Heather if she wanted to go for a walk with me and she countered with "Would you like to join us on a hike? Xavier found a tree that was carved like a little fairy house including furniture." Uh YEAH I do!

That afternoon we grabbed some water and protein bars and headed out. There is a park a couple of blocks from the house that has a dog park, walking trail, and playground. The walking trail goes around the wooded area and through it.

It took us a little while to find it, but it was way cool...

It wasn't an intense workout, but it got me out of the house on a beautiful day for a little while and kept me active. Plus, I felt really really tall!

*****

March Madness is upon us and Syracuse played on the West coast for the first two rounds. They were given the last time slot of the night on Thursday and Saturday. Murphy's law says if I like a TV show that is on at 10pm I will never stay awake for the full show. And so I prepared myself. I made sure to hit up the caffeine for each game. I have had more caffeine in the last week then I have in the last month. Tonight is the 100th episode of Psych and I am determined to stay awake for it...but Syracuse plays at 9:45 tomorrow night...someone's out to get me.

*****

Yesterday we went to Plaza Azteca for lunch. I opted for the side of rice instead of beans. At the time I was still planning on going to the gym after work and did not want to clear the room with gas.  I ended up skipping the gym because my belly was still full and I didn't want to reverse the affects of my chair massage on my neck.

*****

I am not a fan of Kim Kardashian. I am not going to go into why I am not. However, I am not a fan of how she is being treated by the media right now. It's Jessica Simpson all over again. I don't care who you are, it's LOW to call someone "fat" and report on their weight gain just to sell magazines.  It makes me sick.

*****

OMG I just saw a commercial for Rolos...I haven't had a Rolo in forever...If Psych was not coming on in 13 minutes I would be running to the store for some right now.

*****

So after we got back from the hike I studied a little longer and then we went out to Big Lots.  I had never been and Heather needed to pick up some snacks. She has found bag of sweet potato and apple chips that is just yummy so she wanted to pick up some more.

I wasn't going to get anything, but blasted!  I got a bag of those chips, a small pack of double stuff oreos, and some other items. All I kept saying to her was "I love you. I hate you. I love you. I hate you." haha.

The oreos were opened in the car. I couldn't wait to get home. I broke my rule, but I cannot control myself around Oreos. DOH! 

*****
My future boyfriend got a little feisty after the race on Sunday. I still heart him...and await his phone call. Tony Stewart CALL ME!

*****


Have a Blessed Night my friends.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973



Comments

Popular Posts