Old Friends, Old Coats, and New Blisters

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Well I had originally planned to make today's post my Holiday Tips post. I will work on that tomorrow or this weekend though.  Instead, I'm going to recap my day for you.

First off, I can no longer sleep in. I hydrate myself so dang much that I wake up to pee first thing in the morning. I woke up at 4am to go and then I had a dream that I could not find the bathroom at a family party and when I did the line was so long I was there doing the pee pee dance. Good Lord, I was doing the pee pee dance in my dream because I really did have to go. I woke up at 6 and went. And then I woke up for good at 7:55. I didn't even make it until 8. How depressing.

When I finally got up I realized that I forgot to bring home something to eat for breakfast. I eat breakfast at work. I meant to bring home some oatmeal, but I didn't. Luckily I keep protein bars in stock so I had one and a banana.

I had plans to meet friends for lunch at 12:30 so I wanted to get some Christmas cards done before I left...and possibly watch a cheesy Christmas movie or two.  I got both done.  I also checked in with grandmom to see if she was around today for a visit. She is sick and asked if I could pick up her medicine. So I did.

*Hoping you get better soon Grandmom Joyce*

When I dropped it off we started talking about coats and vests to keep us warm. She offered to give me back a leather coat that my aunt had made for me in Korea way back in the day when she was stationed there. I loved this coat!  It has a removable fur liner and my name sewn inside.  My first instinct was: No, keep it because it won't fit!  I got the coat back in high school.  And then it dawned on me. It WILL fit!  So I have my coat back :-)

I could only visit for a little bit because I was going to be late for lunch. I actually arrived only a few minutes late, but I could not find parking. Wow. I knew that people were excited that Buckley's Tavern reopened, but I didn't think it would be standing room on a Thursday lunch. My pal Jen was there waiting for me and as soon as we walked in we saw Chucky!  Ahem, I mean Chuck.  He was Chucky back in 4th grade...and we haven't seen him since them. It was so great to see him.

We got seated and I knew I wanted to get the grilled veggie wrap, but man I could smell burgers. We ordered a bruschetta appetizer to start.  Jen ordered the burger with my approval...as long as she gave me a bite. I stuck to my grilled veggie wrap. I really wanted a burger, but I am going out for a work lunch tomorrow. I must behave.  I actually put some of the extra bruschetta on the wrap to give it a little extra flavor....DELICIOUS.

Before our food came we got a tour of the renovations and improvements. I'm very excited. Can't wait to go back again. There is a bison burger that I am itching to try. The place is great. And the food is spectacular!  Before we left they offered us dessert. I shouldn't...I really shouldn't. But I got some to go. I got a slice of lemon cheesecake with berries. The slice was small and they gave me extra berries to make it healthier. haha.

Jen and I went to Starbucks after for the holiday drink special. We kept it to tall skinny peppermint mochas. And then there was some Christmas shopping going on. I am almost finished now!  HOLLA!

When I got home I got to work on wrapping and organizing the rest of my presents.  I was a couple hours in to my hard work when I looked at the time. It was dinner time. I wasn't really hungry, but I needed to be a good girl and eat my dinner before my dessert. So I made my dinner and thoroughly enjoyed my dessert.

Right now I'm aching to go to bed, but my adrenaline is pumping like mad.  I also have a very stiff neck.  Usually that is a sign of a sinus infection...or a change in air pressure....argh. So I shall get out the heating pad.

I had really hoped to get some Yoga in today, but by getting everything done that I did I have opened up an extra night next week for the gym. YEAH!  Well the other thing is that my ankle started to bother me again today. I'm guessing the hour on the treadmill last night was not good. It also flared up my blisters. The small blister is now twice the size as it was on Saturday.  My body is definitely trying to get me to slow down and take it easy...I'm trying to listen.

Okay kids, I'm going to go try and relax now. Wish me luck.

Have a Blessed Night my friends.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

I'm now on instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts